The VMware Workspace ONE team is excited to announce that Workspace ONE Boxer 5.10 for Android is publicly available.
- Our upcoming releases of Workspace ONE Boxer will no longer support Android 5.0; more info can be found here.
- To standardize the configuration of our productivity applications, an upcoming release of Workspace ONE Boxer will be removing the key
AppForceActivateSSOfrom the Application Configuration settings. The new functionality with behave as if the key
AppForceActivateSSOis set to
true. Please make sure to test that your environment still works with this key set to
truebefore we change the default to be
trueand remove the option to set it to
false. Please test Login flows, passcode, and copy-in restriction. More information on
AppForceActivateSSOcan be found in the Workspace ONE Boxer Admin Guide.
- BINXA-10194: QuickJoin for Skype online meetings
- This feature, as an extension of OneTap Dialing, brings Skype for Business meeting links into the quick info area at the top of meetings for easily joining online meetings.
- Meeting links will automatically show up for the most common use cases of Skype for Business meetings in the format below:
- We also support the ability to add vanity URLS (URLs that don’t specifically have the word Lync or Skype in them) which is common in an on premises setup.
- Configuration for vanity URLs requires a Key Value Pair
- Value: JSON formatted string. We recommend validating the format externally before pasting into the Workspace ONE UEM Console.
- BINXA-10245: Health Check
- Workspace ONE Boxer displays and maintains a Health Check screen, describing the current Workspace ONE Boxer’s health status under the following metrics.
- App Version - Checks the current version of the Workspace ONE Boxer application.
- Green- Indicates the latest current version.
- Yellow - Indicates that the app is using the previous version.
- Red - Indicates that the app is using very old version.
- Sync Health - Checks the network connection and Exchange server response.
- Green- Indicates your network connection and exchange server response is in good health.
- Yellow - Indicates that the last 10 sync average response time is greater than 2 seconds.
- Red - Indicates that the last 10 sync average response time is greater than 5 seconds.
- Push Notification Health - Shows if you have the Email Notification Service (ENS2) setup by the admin or admin is having issues in subscribing to the ENS service.
- Users can resolve issues like updating Workspace ONE Boxer in the Google Play Store or send them to their admin.
- This information is also logged in Workspace ONE Boxer logs for the admin to see more details.
- BINXA-9666: Android 64-bit support
- BINXA-10103: New navigation bar
- We are introducing a new navigation bar that includes the names of the different sections.
- BINXA-9547 (beta): Enterprise Content in Workspace ONE Boxer
- This feature brings parts of the Workspace ONE Content app into Workspace ONE Boxer for viewing attachments, attaching to emails and saving from emails to online repositories.
- If you have Workspace ONE Content setup, the same repositories will show up
- If you do not have Workspace ONE Content setup, please set up the repositories in the Workspace ONE Console.
- Enterprise Content requires the setting of the KVP
- Please contact us at AndroidBoxerBeta@vmware.com for the KVP if you would like to try out enterprise content.
AppSpamForwardAddressis forwarding a copy of spam mail to other recipients
- BINXA-10450: Unable to sync email, inbox is empty
- BINXA-6606: Crash when opening certain conversations
- BINXA-10398: Delay in loading emails on Samsung A9 and C9 pro.
- BINXA-10242: Crash in Work profile enrolled Huawei devices Android 6-7.
- BINXA-10414: Crash on Android 6.0 OS when clicking on avatar from the email view
- BINXA-10516: Workspace ONE Boxer shows FTUE and unable to proceed after app upgrade
- BINXA-10552: Contacts is trying to write to contacts when there is no write permission.
- BINXA-10313: Contacts re-syncing banner is not dismissed
- BINXA-10586: External address highlighting feature not seen when not configured in the console
Take advantage of these updates by meeting the minimum requirements and downloading Workspace ONE Boxer 5.10 for Android.
- Android 5.0+
- Workspace ONE UEM 9.3+
Note: Workspace ONE Tunnel 5.2 for Android is required to ensure compatibility and tunneling functionality with Android 10.
How to Download Workspace ONE Boxer 5.10 for Android
- Prior Version is Installed: Direct end users to update the app when prompted. The application seamlessly updates over the existing application version without disrupting device enterprise functionality.
- Prior Version is Not Installed: Direct end users to download it from the Google Play Store.
Support Contact Information
The VMware Workspace ONE Team
Other Languages: 日本語