Weekly digest of new Knowledge Base Articles from The Workspace ONE Team in the My Workspace ONE Portal
New KB articles published for the one-week period starting on 08/26/19 and ending on 08/30/19
Posted on September 3rd, 2019
Note: This will be our final Weekly Knowledge Base Digest. These digests will be discontinued as part of our ongoing effort to align our products and services with the global VMware teams. More information can be found In the My Workspace ONE portal by searching for Upcoming Changes to the My Workspace ONE portal. Existing knowledge base digest articles will be removed from our systems on September 7th.
Announcing a new process for requesting features for Workspace ONE
We will be sunsetting our current feature request submission process within the My Workspace ONE Community Forums, in favor of our Feature Request Portal. Any existing feature request using this older process was already submitted to the R&D team and is in the process of being prioritized and moved over if needed. For more information and for links to the new feature request portals, please visit the full article text.
App Updates in Workspace ONE Assist 5.2 (formerly VMware Advanced Remote Management)
In order to extend our support on Android BYOD and enhance Privacy and Security control within the Android application, changes were made on both the Assist Agent and the OEM specific Assist Service application. While changes are made to the Assist agent for every release, the OEM specific Assist Service application is changed only when enhancements are required to the core services provided. Hence the versioning of the Assist Service doesn’t always coincide with the Assist agent. More information can be found in the full article text.
Upcoming Changes to the My Workspace ONE portal – Effective September 7, 2019
As part of our ongoing effort to align our products and services with the global VMware teams, My Workspace ONE will be migrating Support Requests and Knowledge Base content to VMware’s back end systems on September 7th, 2019. For a full scope of the effects of this change please visit the full article text.
Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub for Android is not supported on Chrome OS
Customers attempting to use Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub for Android to enroll Chrome OS devices will encounter issues such as the device appearing as an Android device in the Workspace ONE UEM Console after enrollment. Neither Android nor Chrome OS profiles will function properly in this state. For more information please visit the full article text.
Introducing the Enrollment Certificate Update Tool for VMware Advanced Remote Management
The enrollment certificate is an SSL certificate used by mobile devices to enroll into Workspace ONE Assist system, formerly called Advanced Remote Management (ARM). The current enrollment certificate deployed on VMware Advanced Remote Management systems up to version 5.1 for all On-Premises deployments expires on September 6, 2019. If the certificate is not updated, new devices will not be able to enroll into the VMware Advanced Remote Management system after September 6, 2019 but existing devices that are already enrolled into the system will function normally. Information on how to obtain a renewed certificate, key, and for assistance with the Enrollment Certificate Update Tool, please visit the full article text.
- Bug Fixes
For information about resolved issues, see the VMware Workspace ONE Intelligence Release Notes available in VMware Docs.
- iOS 13 Compatibility – Intelligent Hub has been validated with Apple iOS 13 for compatibility. Modifications were made to the account for changes in the new version of the operating system.
- Consumption of an updated Workspace ONE SDK for built-in compatibility with Apple iOS 13.
- Handling of changes to OpenURL. For more information, refer to the KB Article: Preparing Workspace ONE SDK and Wrapped Apps for iOS 13 OpenURL Changes)
- Updates to the SSID functionality. For more information, refer to the KB Article: Announcing End of General Support for the 'Allow Wi-Fi Connection' SSID restriction in the Workspace ONE SDK. Intelligent Hub will no longer provide samples of SSID to the UEM console. If Location Services are enabled, the actual SSID name will be displayed within the Intelligent Hub Network settings. Otherwise, the SSID name will be reflected as “Wi-Fi”.
- Priority (P2) Notifications – Intelligent Hub now presents a pop-up in the form of a snackbar for priority (P2) notifications. The snackbar will be displayed within the following tabs:
- Custom (Home)
- Notifications Preferences – Intelligent Hub adds the ability for an end user to review and modify their preferences for their Mobile Flows Connector notifications (i.e. Coupa, Concur, Workday, etc.). End user will have the ability to toggle on and off the notifications for individual connectors configured by their company’s administrator.
If re-authentication is required, a web view appears for the end user to enter the credentials for the associated Mobile Flows connector service. These settings are found in Account > Notifications.
- Dropping Support for iOS 9 – Intelligent Hub’s minimum supported version is now iOS 10. For more information , refer to the Knowledge Base Articlewhich was published in early June 2019 informing of the upcoming change.
- HUBI-2519: Intelligent Hub remain stuck on the initial loading screen
- HUBI-2644: App icon and status do not appear in the floating header
- HUBI-1272: Avatar icon momentarily shows when loading page to reset password
- HUBI-2737: App icon incorrectly scaled in Spotlight search
- HUBI-2659: App name in the promotion banner changes to single line
- HUBI-2657: Build date incorrectly displayed if system calendar is modified
- HUBI-2643: Translation of "Pending" is not loaded in compliance page
- HUBI-2761: Education screen incorrectly rendering
- To standardize the configuration of our productivity applications, In the near future Workspace ONE Boxer will be removing the key
AppForceActivateSSO. Please make sure to test that your environment still works with this key
enabledbefore we change the default to be on. Please test Login flows, passcode, and copy-in restriction.
Note: More information on
AppForceActivateSSOcan be found in the Workspace ONE Boxer Admin Guide.
- iOS 13 support (Support for iOS 10 will be dropped when iOS 13 is released)
- BINXI-11432: QuickJoin for online meetings with support for vanity URLs
- This feature, as an extension of OneTap Dialing, brings Skype for Business, Webex, and Zoom meeting links into the quick info area at the top of meetings for easily joining online meetings.
- This update brings support for vanity URLs (URLs that don’t specifically have the words Lync or Skype in them) which is common in an on-premises setup.
- Currently, we are only supporting Skype for Business in the Key-Value Pair below.
- Value: JSON formatted string. We recommend validating the format externally before pasting into the UEM Console.
- BINXI-11625: Health Check updates
- Yellow for app update has been changed to 1 version back and at least 7 days past the release date
- New Key-Value Pair for opening Hub instead of the App Store for app updates
0(default) App Store
- BINXI-10707 (BETA): Enterprise Content in Workspace ONE Boxer
- This feature brings parts of the VMware Workspace ONE Content app into Workspace ONE Boxer for viewing attachments, attaching to emails and saving from emails to online repositories.
- If you have Workspace ONE Content setup, the same repositories will show up
- If you do not have Content setup, please set up the repositories in the Console.
- Enterprise Content requires the setting of the KVP
- Please contact us at iOSBoxerBeta@vmware.com for the KVP if you would like to try out enterprise content.
- BINXI-10184: Error message when attempting to save OOO and certain conditions are met
- BINXI-11291: Availability is showing available at this time when part of this time is busy
- BINXI-11212: Unable to save drafts
- BINXI-11389: Unable to open HEIC attachments in incoming emails
- BINXI-11601: Email list scrolls to top on sync complete while the user is manually viewing items further down the list
- BINXI-11451: [iOS 13] Grey box in the email compose editor
- BINXI-11632: [iOS 13] Long email subject truncation while forwarding an email
Parental Controls utilized on Android devices may cause VMware Workspace ONE apps to not be visible in Google Play Store
As of September 1, 2019, VMware Workspace ONE applications in the Google Play store will no longer be available for download to Android devices that have parental controls configured to restrict applications intended for 18+ audiences. All VMware productivity applications and anchor applications are affected. Please refer to the full article for more information including workarounds.
- Updated Java version to jre1.8-u221
[As Designed] INTEL-14066: Reached maximum number of reports created in Workspace ONE Intelligence Console
Users may be unable to create new reports in Workspace ONE Intelligence and are prompted with an error message
Failed to add report: Invalid Report Settings. on the console. This error displayed when users have reached the maximum number of allowed reports (limited to 50 reports) that can be created under specific tenant. As noted in the user guide, consolidate reports to remain under 50.
ASDK-170922: Workspace ONE apps using SQLCipher 4.1.x may crash on devices using Android 5.1.1
Workspace ONE Apps (Workspace ONE Web 7.7+, Workspace ONE Boxer 5.9+, Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub 19.08+) will fail on some Android devices running Android 5.1.1 due to an issue with SQLCipher 4.1.x external library. We are working with external library vendor SQLCipher to get the issue resolved. Please refer to this article for more information.