The VMware Workspace ONE team is excited to announce that Workspace ONE Assist 5.2 for Android is publicly available.
- AET-149: Product rebranded from Advanced Remote Management to Workspace ONE Assist.
- Extended support for Android enrolled BYOD.
- AET-155: Assist agent (attended mode) added to Play Store.
- AET-497: Support added for remote control within Samsung work profile through OEM config.
- AET-141: Enhanced Privacy and Security control with the application.
- AET-307: Prevention of unattended remote access on personally owned devices.
- AET-142: Additional privacy dialogs displayed within the application informing user of the data and permissions accessed by Assist.
- AET-163: PIN entry authentication mandated for first time connection during a remote session.
- AET-36: On-Screen Virtual Keyboard.
- AET-306: Android - Streaming of the device screen is upside down for Samsung SM-T397U.
- AET-143: Reduce Thickness of Persistent notification (HALO) on Android.
Take advantage of these updates by meeting the minimum requirements and downloading Workspace ONE Assist 5.2 for Android.
- Android 4.3 or later.
- Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub 7.0 or later
- Workspace ONE UEM 9.3 or later.
- Latest versions of Chrome, Edge, Firefox, or Safari.
- Remote Control on Samsung BYOD and COPE is available on Android 9.0 (Pie) or later.
- On Samsung BYOD devices, only Work apps can be viewed and controlled.
- On Sony BYOD devices, Remote View Only is supported.
- When Data Loss Prevention policy is enabled, applications with secure flag set cannot be viewed or controlled.
- Logcat command does not print system logs on the Command Line Interface.
How to Download Workspace ONE Assist 5.2 for Android
- For Legacy and Android Enterprise enrolled Fully Managed/COPE devices, Download the Workspace ONE Assist Agent and the Workspace ONE Assist Service package specific to your OEM from the Resource Portal in My Workspace ONE and follow the included instructions. Push the App to your devices through Product Provisioning or Apps & Books.
- For Android Enterprise enrolled BYOD devices, provision the Workspace ONE Assist Agent and Workspace ONE Assist Service package specific to your OEM from the managed Play Store.
Support Contact Information
The VMware Workspace ONE Team