Weekly digest of new Knowledge Base Articles from The Workspace ONE Team in the My Workspace ONE Portal
New KB articles published for the one-week period starting on 08/19/19 and ending on 08/23/19
Posted on August 26th, 2019
Announcing a new process for requesting features for Workspace ONE
The VMware End User Computing (EUC) product management team is happy to announce the launch of the Workspace ONE Feature Request Portal. Within EUC, we have created four different Ideas portals for our product lines with several more coming soon! Log in and submit your exciting ideas today to engage with the community and R&D! We will be sunsetting our current feature request submission process within the My Workspace ONE Community Forums, in favor of our Feature Request Portal.
Announcing End of General Support for the 'Allow Wi-Fi Connection' SSID restriction in the Workspace ONE SDK
The Workspace ONE SDK will no longer offer support for the ability to restrict network access based on SSID. Specifically the setting in the SDK profile under the Network Access Control payload will no longer be supported. This change will be reflected starting in the September 2019 releases of the Workspace ONE SDK for iOS and at a future date (to be announced) for Android. For more information and mitigation options, please visit the article.
End of General Support for iOS 9 in Workspace ONE SDK (Swift) for iOS
In order to focus on incorporating functionality available in newer versions of iOS, Workspace ONE SDK (Swift) for iOS will end support for iOS 9 in our September releases of the Workspace ONE SDK (Swift) for iOS.
Impacts to Mobile SSO in Workspace ONE UEM with iOS 13 and iPadOS 13
As part of iOS 13 and iPad OS 13, Apple has introduced two changes related to their Desktop-class browsing which impact Mobile SSO. More information and how to prepare for these changes can be found in the article text.
Preparing Workspace ONE SDK and Wrapped Apps for iOS 13 OpenURL Changes
Based on testing done with iOS 13 betas, a change has been introduced by iOS involving parameters returned during the OpenURL process between applications from different developer accounts. This change directly affects the communication mechanism between the Workspace ONE SDK and Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub or the Workspace ONE Legacy application. Updated versions of the Workspace ONE SDK and App Wrapping will be needed for apps to continue operating as expected. Please subscribe to this article to be updated when new versions of the Workspace ONE SDK for iOS and App Wrapping are released.
Introducing Workspace ONE UEM 1908
- Enroll devices into Android Enterprise Work Managed mode without a managed Google account
- Skip all newly added Setup Assistant screens for iOS 13 devices
- Allow configuring and preventing the user toggle of the native Mail, Contacts, Calendar, Reminders and Notes apps separately on iOS 13 devices
- Support for macOS 10.15 Catalina that includes Supervision status, Privacy Preferences profile updates, Associated Domains profile, and the ability to extract private keys of certificates deployed via Credentials payload
- Springing from a partnership with Dell, VMware announces Workspace ONE Express+
- Simplified peer distribution by bringing the config out of settings and into the new Windows Desktop profile
- Microsoft Security Baseline 1809 and CIS Benchmarks for Windows 10 1803 now available through Workspace ONE Baselines
For additional information, please refer to the release notes here.
- Performance and speed enhancements to command processing
- Performance improvements to device information sampling
- Improved feedback to the UEM Console on script execution using Product Provisioning File/Actions
- HUBM-1265: macOS Workspace ONE Hub shows duplicate prompts from Software Update profile
- HUBM-1250: Plist files downloaded on macOS through Product Provisioning are appended with .zip
- HUBM-1290: Event log is not printed when an application is waiting to install due to a blocking app running
End of Availability and support for RSA Adaptive Authentication in VMware Identity Manager
As we strive to deliver new and innovative products continually, we wish to inform you of the End of Availability (EOA) of the RSA Adaptive Authentication in VMware Identity Manager starting Thursday, August 22, 2019. RSA Adaptive Authentication, one of the multi-factor authentication methods offered out-of-the-box with VMware Identity Manager for users, to be deprecated. As there is minimum adoption of this authentication method by our customers, as of October 24th, 2019, the RSA Adaptive authentication will no longer be available in VMware Identity Manager. For more information, please visit the full article text.
End of Availability and support for Microsoft NTLM Protocol in VMware Identity Manager
On August 22, 2019, NTLM protocol support in VMware Identity Manager will reach the end of life. Integrated Windows Authentication (IWA) from a Windows desktop against an Active Directory infrastructure will be available through Kerberos. VMware recommends that in preparation for the end of availability on October 24, 2019. More information can be found in the full article text.
- We've updated instances of the product name of VMware Identity Manager to its new name Workspace ONE Access in the VMware Workspace ONE Intelligence console.
For information about resolved issues, see the VMware Workspace ONE Intelligence Release Notes available in VMware Docs.
- AET-150: Product rebranded from VMware Advanced Remote Management to Workspace ONE Assist.
- AET-556: Home/Splash screen added when application is launched on device.
- AET-516: OSL Data added to application settings.
- AET-1180: Removed support for attended mode of connection.
- AET-149: Product rebranded from Advanced Remote Management to Workspace ONE Assist.
- Extended support for Android enrolled BYOD.
- AET-155: Assist agent (attended mode) added to Play Store.
- AET-497: Support added for remote control within Samsung work profile through OEM config.
- AET-141: Enhanced Privacy and Security control with the application.
- AET-307: Prevention of unattended remote access on personally owned devices.
- AET-142: Additional privacy dialogs displayed within the application informing user of the data and permissions accessed by Assist.
- AET-163: PIN entry authentication mandated for first time connection during a remote session.
- AET-36: On-Screen Virtual Keyboard.
- AET-306: Android - Streaming of the device screen is upside down for Samsung SM-T397U.
- AET-143: Reduce Thickness of Persistent notification (HALO) on Android.
- HW-95996: Added support for Android Q.
- HW-100605: Fixed an issue where Android Pie devices were disconnecting from AirWatch Cloud Messaging (AWCM) during direct enrollment.
Introducing Workspace ONE Tunnel 1.0 for Windows 10 (Desktop)
This is a new client app for the Tunnel product line for Windows and carries a new version number. Upgrading from the existing client is not supported and migration instructions will be provided for customers in the near future. The new client will be referred to as the Desktop app and the existing client in the Microsoft Store will continue to be understood as the UWP (Unified Windows Platform) app and will not have any special designations in My Workspace ONE or Microsoft Store.
- Support for Tunnel Device Traffic Rules – apps and managed domains can be configured within the shared Device Traffic Rules settings in the UEM Console.
- Support for Trusted Network Detection – when a device is connected via a trusted network, Tunnel will not be engaged.
- New enhanced UI – quickly determine connectivity status and provide users with a clear picture of their privacy settings.
- AMST-14336: Added support for Peer Distribution through Workspace ONE
- AMST-19461: Fixed an issue where the AirWatch Service failed to start for devices enrolled through staging workflows
- AMST-18509: Fixed an issue where unenrolling the device did not remove Tunnel registry keys
ABRW-171820: NTLMv2 authentication fails in Workspace ONE Web for Android
Workspace ONE Web for Android leverages the Android System WebView that comes bundled with Android OS, as its rendering engine. The system WebView is updated through the Play Store by updating Google Chrome (or Android System WebView if Chrome is disabled). We have identified an issue with the latest version of WebView v76 (76.0.3809.111) which impacts Workspace ONE Web. This issue prevents NTLMv2 authentication from functioning with Workspace ONE Web. This type of authentication works as expected when used with WebView v75 and earlier. For workaround information and tracking for the related Google bug, please visit the article.