The AirWatch Device Scheduler service initiates and manages the execution of jobs that occur on a periodic basis. Examples of workflows that might require this service include:
- Internal Application Deployments
- CA-integrated Profile Deployments
- DEP Device and VPP License sync, and VPP Auto-Update detection
- Console Report and Exports generation
- Automated sync of Directory Users and Groups
Note: A full list of jobs can be found in the All Settings > Admin > Scheduler page in the Workspace ONE UEM Console.
The time period between execution of these jobs can vary from several minutes to days. To ensure that the relevant workflows are triggered in a timely manner, the AirWatch Device Scheduler service checks and updates the status of the jobs in the Workspace ONE UEM Database at a high frequency, and to do so, it requires a consistent and reliable connection with the Workspace ONE UEM Database. As a result, the AirWatch Device Scheuler is sensitive to events that lead to temporary Workspace ONE UEM Database connection loss.
Some examples which could lead to connection loss include:
- Server patching
- Node failover or reboot
- SQL service failures network latency
Such connection failures can lead the AirWatch Device Scheduler to a faulty state where the service continues to run but does not execute any jobs.
Administrators will find that the Last Successful Completion time of all jobs is over 24 hrs while the Scheduler service continues to run.
The completion time can be found in All Settings > Admin > Scheduler in the Workspace ONE UEM console.
Improvements to Scheduler Service
Our Product team has worked to improve the resiliency of the service to account for temporary losses in connection to the Workspace ONE UEM Database. The In-Memory Scheduler feature is available by default in Workspace ONE UEM 1904 and higher.
- Shared SaaS: All Shared SaaS environments have been upgraded to Workspace ONE UEM 1904 or later
- Dedicated SaaS: To take advantage of this enhancement, please upgrade environment upgraded to Workspace ONE UEM 1904 or later.
On-Premises: To take advantage of this enhancement, please upgrade environment upgraded to Workspace ONE UEM 1907 or later.
Other Languages: 日本語