In order to focus on incorporating functionality available in newer versions of the Android OS, some VMware Workspace ONE Productivity Apps (Boxer, Web, Notebook, Content, and Tunnel) for Android will be ending support for Android 5.0 “Lollipop” (released in 2014) in upcoming releases. Please refer to each app’s release notes for specifics on timing of supported OS versions. Support for Android 5.0 will be phased out starting with our October 2019 app releases.
Customers who want to take advantage of the latest features and versions of our Productivity Applications will need to update to Android 5.1 or higher.
- Android 5.0 devices with the select Productivity Applications currently installed:
- Will be able to re-download the latest version supported by Android 5.0 from the Google Play Store if they choose to uninstall at any point.
- Will continue to function with the latest version supported by Android 5.0 but will not have access to new features or bug fixes.
- Android 5.0 devices that have never installed a Productivity Application:
- Will not be able to download any version of the productivity application.
- In order to install newer versions of the productivity applications, devices must use Android 5.1 or later.
Support Contact Information
The VMware Workspace ONE Team
Other Languages: 日本語