Weekly digest of new Knowledge Base Articles from The Workspace ONE Team in the My Workspace ONE Portal
New KB articles published for the two week period starting on 04/29/19 and ending on 05/10/19
Posted on May 13th, 2019
- AMST-13456: Added improvements to customize ADMX policies in Baselines.
- AMST-15531: Fixed an issue where a
JsonReaderexception caused the
AwWindowsIpcservice to stop.
- AMST-15145: Fixed an issue where special characters and spaces in silent install parameters caused the installation to fail.
- AMST-14979: Fixed an issue where enrolling a Windows 7 device through the Intelligent Hub UI failed while trying to download Workspace ONE.
- AMST-14565: Intelligent Hub installer displays an unfriendly error when you attempt a downgrade.
- Updated app version to support Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub 19.04.0.29 for Android.
- ABRW-171674: Fixed an issue where Web crashed intermittently when opening any managed bookmark from the landing grid.
- ABRW-171669: Fixed an issue where when switching between managed and personal bookmarks, personal bookmarks did not populate intermittently.
- AAGNT-186018: Whitelist Boxer account types when "Add Account" is disabled.
- AAGNT-185979: Support HTTPS protocol in relay server.
- AAGNT-185415: New optional parameter for Auto Provisioning to Auto Retry.
- AAGNT-184960: Use SafetyNet response at the end of enrollment to mark device compromised if it fails.
- AAGNT-183410: Handle new privacy sample framework for GPS Samples.
- HUB-1671: Notification bell has been moved to the bottom navigation bar.
- AAGNT-186139: Enrollment not getting past ownership type selection.
- AAGNT-186130: Samsung Knox Mobile Enrollment Device Owner not setting Group ID.
- AAGNT-186152: Intelligent Hub not setting FOTA command properly on devices without radio on Wi-Fi tablets.
- AAGNT-186138: Auto enrollment using Advanced Staging User is not working correctly if no designated user input is given for more than two minutes.
- AAGNT-185921: SafetyNet status not returned if detected device is rooted.
- AAGNT-185832: Android 8.0 and Android 9.0 - Unable to enable or disable Chrome from device settings after device restarts in Device Owner and Profile Owner mode.
- HUBI-1624: Support for Staged Enrollment using Identity Manager
- HUBI-1622: Notification Bell Moved to the bottom Tab bar
- HUBI-1631: Hub crashes when adding image
- HUBI-2114: Hub is being wiped after the SDK setup
- HUBI-2172: Dynamic jailbreak module crashes
- HUBI-1833: Location tab missing despite being enabled in the UEM console
- HUBI-2184: Enhanced reference cycles on vIDM View Controllers
- HUBI-2318: Hub stays on "Almost Done" screen for 30 seconds
- HUBI-2325: Custom URL causes app wipe
- HUBI-1628: APNs message for a manual deployment profile shows encrypted data in Hub
- HUBI-1804: Server URL field can still be typed in during loading
- HUBI-1965: Hub allows user to toggle on "Track Telecom Usage" despite being disabled in the console
- HUBI-1971: Native app does not show up in catalog after enrollment
- HUBI-1974: Single App Mode is not disabled after check-out
- HUBI-2004: Invalid Group ID error does not navigate user back to Group ID Screen
- HUBI-2029: iOSAdvanced Remote Control disconnects on certain app launches
- HUBI-2118: Content app fails to authenticate after redirecting to Hub
- HUBI-2119: Notification list is not showing up when authentication token expires
- HUBI-2193: Messages section of Hub not honoring branding set in the UEM console
- HUBI-1766: QR code is truncated in enrollment page for Hebrew and Arabic languages
- HUBI-1767: Translated string "Change Password" is not loaded in the account page
- HUBI-1768: Translated string "Start Over" is not loaded in the education page
- HUBI-1769: Translated string "Email Address or Server" is truncated in the enrollment page
- HUBI-1770: Return icon was not reversed in the privacy details page
- HUBI-1787: Inconsistency of WI-FI and WIFI
Introducing VMware Workspace ONE Intelligence May 1st, 2019 Release
Use the overhauled Automation activity logs for better storage infrastructure and user experience.
- Log fields are updated with user friendly values.
- With pagination supported, users can now scroll through logs.
For information about resolved issues, see the VMware Workspace ONE Intelligence Release Notes available in VMware Docs.
- Updated app branding to VMware Workspace ONE Tunnel.
Note: More information regarding our rebranding efforts can be found here
- HUBM-822: Error handling to reduce erroneous Secure Channel handshake failure retries
- HUBM-887: Privacy Screen sometimes shown twice during enrollment
- HUBM-890: Privacy Screen not shown during Hub upgrade if not seen before
- HUBM-892: Account Screen user image resolution issues
- HUBM-894: Disable Dock icon badging for notifications and messages (this functionality will be fixed and return in a future release)
- HUBM-897: Missing some fdesetup operations logging in HubEventLogs
- AAPP-6969: On-Demand File/Action products fail to execute when initiated from the Hub catalog
- HUBM-757: Hub Catalog install button does not reflect as already installed for On-Demand apps that are installed before the Hub installation/upgrade
- HUBM-821: Hub Enrollment UI shows “optional” text when Asset Number prompt is disabled
- HUBM-881: Hub catalog install progress tray shows app as installed that has been deleted from the UEM console
- HW-99277: When Workspace ONE is launched during OOBE, it times out while attempting to authenticate to VMware Identity Manager.
- APIVD-128, APIVD-129: New feature to enable Bluetooth login into Windows and MacOS machines. (Requires enrolling the derived credential via Entrust)
- APIVD-114: Users can now single sign into PIV-D while inside the KNOX container using existing login sessions from the Hub app.
- APIVD-130: Android PIV-D is now available on the Google Play Store instead of as an internal download.
- APIVD-115: New privacy page to facilitate end-user transparency on privacy permissions required and data being processed when using the app.
- APIVD-145: Resolved an issue when enrolling a derived credential with Intercede where certificates with Subject Distinguished Name utilizing nested elements could not be processed.
ASDK-170584: VMware Workspace ONE Boxer for Android fails to authenticate through app passcode after updating to Android 9.0
If the Workspace ONE Boxer app passcode is used, either through the Workspace ONE Boxer app settings or enforced by admin, after OS upgrade, the user can no longer use their passcode to log in to Workspace ONE Boxer. This issue will only occur if the Workspace ONE Boxer app passcode is used. This issue does not occur when SDK passcode is used. The Workspace ONE Team recommends that end-users not upgrade to Android 9, if using Boxer app passcode. Additional information, such as workaround steps can be found in the full article text.
AAPP-6961: Reported values for DeviceCapacity and AvailableDeviceCapacity are inconsistent with values reported on the device
The values reported by iOS devices for
AvailableDeviceCapacity as a part of Device Information query response are not consistent with the storage reported by the device in Settings> General > About. The attachments show a device which reports Available Capacity of 55.49 GB on the device locally. However, the value reported to MDM is 50 GB.
AAPP-6960: The 'Agree' and 'Cancel' buttons to accept Apple Media Services Terms and Conditions are missing
When accepting an invitation to a VPP app, users are not presented with an options to accept or cancel on the Apple Media Services Terms and Conditions. Users will also find that they are unable to scroll through the Terms and Conditions. This issue impacts iPhones using iOS 12.2.
AAPP-6843: Device asset numbers assigned through batch import are not applied to devices enrolling via DEP
When an admin uploads a batch import file and specifying an Asset Number for devices, a device enrolling via DEP is incorrectly not maintaining the specified Asset Number and overwriting the field with the devices unique ID.
INTEL-11730: VMware Workspace ONE Intelligence displays an incorrect number of enrolled devices
VMware Workspace ONE Intelligence reports shows an inaccurate count of devices as compared to the Workspace ONE UEM Console due to delete device events not being recorded in the Workspace ONE Intelligence. This issue would typically appear in environments where Workspace ONE Administrators have deleted a device. In these cases, the correct device count is not updated in Workspace ONE Intelligence. This issue is being addressed through an over-the-air update to the Workspace ONE Intelligence Connector (ETL) service. Additional patch and fix version information can be found in the full article text.
CRSVC-6024: On-Premises Environments experience performance issues when Memcached is not configured
On-Premises environments may experience performance issues when Memcached is not configured at the Global Organization Group (OG). Fix version information and workaround steps can be found in the full article text.
AAGNT-186299: Incorrect password auto populated for Knox Mobile Enrollment in Intelligent Hub 19.04 for Android
When using Knox Mobile Enrollment, the enrollment will fail due to invalid credentials because Intelligent Hub passes the wrong password during auto-enrollment. Manually entering the correct credentials will result in a successful enrollment.