Weekly digest of new Knowledge Base Articles from The Workspace ONE Team in the My Workspace ONE Portal
New KB articles published for the one week period starting on 04/01/19 and ending on 04/05/19
Posted on April 8th, 2019
- ALAU-170264: Make 'Exit' cleaner and less steps with Admin Mode
- ALAU-170278: Launcher support for VMware Identity Manager Authentication for Check-In Check-Out
- ALAU-170323: Launcher access to Notifications
- ALAU-170308: Android Launcher - Launcher Menu bar unresponsive
- ALAU-170291: Removing bookmark profiles should remove bookmarks from Launcher screen
Mandatory Upgrade Required for Environments using On Premises VMware Email Notification Service 2 (ENS2) version 126.96.36.199 and older
Customers using an on premises instance of ENS2 are required to upgrade their ENS to version 188.8.131.52. ENS2 depends on CNS service to deliver notifications to devices. CNS certificates expire on June 22, 2019. ENS2 version 184.108.40.206 puts a mechanism in place to automatically update certificate information. This patch implements an automated process which will ensure that future certificate updates do not require a patch.
- Select multiple schedules and edit, copy, and delete single schedules from the Schedules page.
- Updated the Insights page with Custom Dashboard information.
For information about resolved issues, see the VMware Workspace ONE Intelligence Release Notes available in VMware Docs.
- IBRW-171339: “Paste and Go” and “Paste and Search” are now supported.
- IBRW-171338: In app user guide now available in “Support” tab.
- IBRW-171324: UI Updates to Bookmarks/Recent
- IBRW-171325: UI Updates to Menu Options
- IBRW-171326: UI Updates to All Tabs views
- IBRW-170950: Web menu options aligned in a single row when in landscape.
- HUB-1679: Staged enrollment using VMware Identity Manager for authentication.
- AAGNT-185435: File Condition Support for Android
- AAGNT-185371: Device Side Force Reprocess - UI Option
- AAGNT-185312: Activate Knox Premium License during Android enrollment
- AAGNT-185292: Android Enterprise - Remove certificate truncation
- AAGNT-184701: Samsung Firewall - Deny/Allow Rule Enhancements
- AAGNT-184544: Intelligent Hub should ignore Require Service App Push From Play Store on certain OEMs
- AAGNT-185905: AnyConnect VPN + certificates profile not installing.
- AAGNT-185868: Persistence is not working on Zebra TC51 and Zebra T56 devices.
- AAGNT-185884: Zebra TC52 devices not automatically checking into UEM console.
- AAGNT-185707: Enterprise Wipe command is not processing when Intelligent Hub (with PBE) is SSO locked.
- AAGNT-185892: Hub stops popup shown after device resets from Enterprise Reset.
- AAGNT-185985:Hub crashes after clicking on apps listed in Intelligent Hub for Profile Owner mode.
- AAGNT-183571: Bookmarks are not showing in Workspace ONE Launcher screen for Android 8.0 devices.
- AAGNT-185622: Samsung enrollment fails to register Google account.
- AAGNT-185535: App Catalog is not accessible from home screen after enrolling device using AFW# enrollment.
- AAGNT-185673: Parsing issue for special character in Custom Settings profile.
- Updated app version to support Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub v19.03.0.31 for Android.
Android Service Applications Removal from Google Play Store
As a follow-up to the End of General Support announcement (available here) in 2018, the below Android Service Applications are being removed from the Google Play Store immediately following the release of Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub 1903:
- HTC Service
- Kyocera Service
- Lenovo Service
- Panasonic Service
- Samsung Service
Customers currently using these applications on Android (Legacy) managed devices should explore either migrating devices to Android Enterprise or updating to the latest available Service Applications outlined in the full article text.
- HW-95975: Added education screens for profile installation changes in iOS 12
- HW-98155: User unable to dismiss Almost Done screen and app crashes when pressing Cancel
[Resolved] AAPP-6678: VMware Workspace ONE UEM may incorrectly send sampling requests to VMware Workspace ONE SDK enabled apps
The Workspace ONE UEM console is incorrectly sending specific sampling requests to SDK enabled apps. Since these apps are not able to respond to these requests, the app will fail and require a relaunch. This issue has been resolved in VMware Workspace ONE UEM Patch Release 220.127.116.11 and in Workspace ONE UEM 1903 and later.