Weekly digest of new Knowledge Base Articles from The Workspace ONE Team in the My Workspace ONE Portal
New KB articles published for the one week period starting on 12/24/18 and ending on 1/4/19
Posted on January 7th, 2019
Google Play Store requires that all app updates target at least Android 8.0 (API level 26) starting November 1, 2018. VMware Workspace ONE Boxer 5.2 for Android will target Android 8.0 and as a result introduces significant changes that impact how Workspace ONE Boxer executes in the background.
As part of our content modernization strategy, VMware Workspace ONE is announcing end of support for the Personal Content portion of the Workspace ONE Content solution, effective January 3rd, 2020. Between the date of making this announcement (January 3rd, 2019) and the end of life date (January 3rd 2020), VMware Workspace ONE will continue to support all Personal Content functionality. Bugs with critical priority will be addressed, however new functionality and low priority bugs will not be implemented. Additionally, new customers will no longer have access to Personal Content functionality by the end of H1 2019.
What’s New in this App Version
- BINXA-7965: Support for API level v26
- The Google Play Store requires that all app updates target at least Android 8.0 (API level 26) starting November 1, 2018. VMware Workspace ONE Boxer 5.2 for Android will target Android 8.0 and as a result introduces significant changes that impact how Workspace ONE Boxer executes in the background.
- For more information on the restrictions, see the KB article here.
- This is directly related to our release of our Email Notification Service (ENS) for Android that enables reliable notifications as well as other features such as VIP notifications and notification policy. For more information, see the article here.
- BINXA-8000: VIP notifications (requires ENS to be setup)
- VIP notifications allow you to create a list of VIP contacts. You can choose to only receive notifications from them as well as set a different notification.
- This can be found under Settings -> your exchange account -> VIP notifications.
- BINXA-5400: Support for Certification Based Authentication with Modern Authentication (CBA with Modern Auth).
- BINXA-8793: Update archive icon in the conversation view.
- BINXA-8805: Handle opting out of Battery Optimizations – Due to API level 26 restrictions. We need users to turn off Battery Optimizations or sync reliability will be affected. This popup will show instructing users to disable Battery Optimizations for Boxer.
- BINXA-7900: Change hyperlink in Send Availability to http://whatisworkspaceone.com/boxer for helpful Boxer tips.
- APF-1085 (Mobile Flows): Implement reauth cards for expired auth.
Bugs Fixed in this App Version
- BINXA-8806: Some recurring meetings showing one hour ahead.
- BINXA-8657: Send button is grayed out, but still works to send email.
- BINXA-9073: "VMware Browser" text updated to "Workspace ONE Web".
- BINXA-8411: Ping failures causing email sync delay.
- BINXA-8649: Broken link shown for documents embedded in a RTF document.
- BINXA-8338: Select All option is not disabled when a folder is empty.
- BINXA-8645: Remove adding account option when add contact.
- BINXA-8722: User can create new contact with Personal account when
- BINXA-8723: User can create new event with Personal account while option is disable on Boxer.
- BINXA-8666: Horizontal scrolling while replying to an email is not smooth.
- BINXA-8948: Too many notifications are received for native events.
- BINXA-8940: Privacy page not showing top of the page.
- BINXA-8909: App crash adding a second account.
- BINXA-8928: Wrong account chosen when responding to calendar event.
- BINXA-8916: Notification sound is played for all emails in notification when a new notification is received.
- BINXA-8895: Boxer requires authentication notification no longer prompts after device reboot.
- BINXA-8850: Unable to forward a calendar invite.
- BINXA-8826: Boxer not responding while searching for SMIME signed emails.
- BINXA-8908: "Disable Local Contact" not honored.
- BINXA-9004: Crash
- BINXA-9003: Crash when message is deleted.
- BINXA-8480 (ENS): Notification sound won't play if you drop down the notification menu when getting new notification.
- BINXA-8862: Load more is not working for IMAP accounts.
- BINXA-8839: Crash while trying to fetch body or attachment after receiving ENS messages.
- BINXA-8837: Crash on viewing an email in drafts which contains an empty body.
- BINXA-9040: Stuck in launch-kill loop after removal of account from device settings.
- BINXA-8794: Fail to load Hebrew translation for Privacy feature
- BINXA-5626: Screenshot restriction works only on the email list view on Android 8.x.
In order to focus on incorporating functionality available in newer versions of iOS, VMware Workspace ONE Content for iOS will end support for iOS 9. The last version to support iOS 9 is VMware Workspace ONE Content 4.16, this includes any hotfix releases for version 4.16.
The general announcement regarding the end of support for iOS 9 configurations with VMware Workspace ONE was provided in March of 2018. Future OS version support will follow the Applications Support Policy.
VMware Workspace ONE Intelligence report data suffered from data accuracy and performance issues. More information regarding this issue along with workaround information can be found in the full article.
When running custom built SDK applications on certain Huawei devices, there is an additional setting on the device which needs to be enabled by the end user for the SDK app to run. The custom SDK application needs to communicate with Hub or Workspace ONE as part of its startup process, however, there is a setting which must be enabled on these devices for this to take place.