The VMware Workspace ONE team is excited to announce that VMware Workspace ONE Boxer 5.2 for Android is publicly available.
What’s New in this App Version
- BINXA-7965: Support for API level v26
- The Google Play Store requires that all app updates target at least Android 8.0 (API level 26) starting November 1, 2018. VMware Workspace ONE Boxer 5.2 for Android will target Android 8.0 and as a result introduces significant changes that impact how Workspace ONE Boxer executes in the background.
- For more information on the restrictions, see the KB article here.
- This is directly related to our release of our Email Notification Service (ENS) for Android that enables reliable notifications as well as other features such as VIP notifications and notification policy. For more information, see the article here.
- BINXA-8000: VIP notifications (requires ENS to be setup)
- VIP notifications allow you to create a list of VIP contacts. You can choose to only receive notifications from them as well as set a different notification.
- This can be found under Settings -> your exchange account -> VIP notifications.
- BINXA-5400: Support for Certification Based Authentication with Modern Authentication (CBA with Modern Auth)
- BINXA-8793: Update archive icon in the conversation view
- BINXA-8805: Handle opting out of Battery Optimizations – Due to API level 26 restrictions. We need users to turn off Battery Optimizations or sync reliability will be affected. This popup will show instructing users to disable Battery Optimizations for Boxer.
- BINXA-7900: Change hyperlink in Send Availability to http://whatisworkspaceone.com/boxer for helpful Boxer tips
- APF-1085 (Mobile Flows): Implement reauth cards for expired auth
Bugs Fixed in this App Version
- BINXA-8806: Some recurring meetings showing one hour ahead.
- BINXA-8657: Send button is grayed out, but still works to send email.
- BINXA-9073: "VMware Browser" text updated to "Workspace ONE Web".
- BINXA-8411: Ping failures causing email sync delay.
- BINXA-8649: Broken link shown for documents embedded in a RTF document.
- BINXA-8338: Select All option is not disabled when a folder is empty.
- BINXA-8645: Remove adding account option when add contact.
- BINXA-8722: User can create new contact with Personal account when
- BINXA-8723: User can create new event with Personal account while option is disable on Boxer.
- BINXA-8666: Horizontal scrolling while replying to an email is not smooth.
- BINXA-8948: Too many notifications are received for native events.
- BINXA-8940: Privacy page not showing top of the page.
- BINXA-8909: App crash adding a second account.
- BINXA-8928: Wrong account chosen when responding to calendar event.
- BINXA-8916: Notification sound is played for all emails in notification when a new notification is received.
- BINXA-8895: Boxer requires authentication notification no longer prompts after device reboot.
- BINXA-8850: Unable to forward a calendar invite.
- BINXA-8826: Boxer not responding while searching for SMIME signed emails.
- BINXA-8908: "Disable Local Contact" not honored.
- BINXA-9004: Crash
- BINXA-9003: Crash when message is deleted.
- BINXA-8480 (ENS): Notification sound won't play if you drop down the notification menu when getting new notification.
- BINXA-8862: Load more is not working for IMAP accounts.
- BINXA-8839: Crash while trying to fetch body or attachment after receiving ENS messages.
- BINXA-8837: Crash on viewing an email in drafts which contains an empty body.
- BINXA-9040: Stuck in launch-kill loop after removal of account from device settings.
- BINXA-8794: Fail to load Hebrew translation for Privacy feature
- BINXA-5626: Screenshot restriction works only on the email list view on Android 8.x.
Take advantage of these updates by meeting the minimum requirements and downloading VMware Workspace ONE Boxer 5.2 for Android.
- Android 5.0+
- VMware Workspace ONE (AirWatch) Console 9.2+
How to Download VMware Workspace ONE Boxer 5.2 for Android
- Prior Version is Installed: Direct end users to update the app when prompted. The application seamlessly updates over the existing application version without disrupting device enterprise functionality.
- Prior Version is Not Installed: Direct end users to download it from the Google Play Store.
Support Contact Information
The VMware Workspace ONE Team
Other Languages: 日本語