As part of our content modernization strategy, VMware Workspace ONE is announcing end of support for the Personal Content portion of the Workspace ONE Content solution, effective January 3rd , 2020. Between the date of making this announcement (January 3rd , 2019) and the end of life date (January 3rd 2020), VMware Workspace ONE will continue to support all Personal Content functionality. Bugs with critical priority will be addressed, however new functionality and low priority bugs will not be implemented. Additionally, new customers will no longer have access to Personal Content functionality by the end of June 2019.
Customers leveraging any of the functionality that falls under Personal Content are required to migrate off of the solution before the end of life date (January 3rd, 2020) in order to prevent data loss.
Personal Content allows each end user to have an individual content repository. In this repository users can build out their folder structure, upload files they have created, as well as share files/folders with other end users. Users may also share files via links, and attach security measures such as password protection, time constraints for download ability, and number of downloads. This can be supported via AirWatch server storage or via a configured RFS server. Areas of the UEM product that utilize this functionality include:
- Self Service Portal > My Content (Personal Content)
- Content Locker > Personal Content
- Windows Content Locker Sync Client
- macOS Content Locker Sync Client
Admin (configuration areas):
- System Settings > Content > Personal Content
- System Settings > Content > Advanced > File Extensions ("Apply Restrictions to Personal Content" Setting)
- System Settings > Content > Content Viewer (ex: Content Rendering Engine)
- System Settings > Content > Remote Storage
- System Settings > Content > Applications > Content Locker Sync
VMware recommends that end users download local copies of any content they wish to keep via:
- Self Service Portal: End users can manually download the files they wish to keep.
- Workspace ONE Content Sync Client (Windows/macOS): All files can automatically be synced to a local directory.
Note: Workspace ONE Sync Client will no longer be supported after the EOL date.
Support Contact Information
The VMware Workspace ONE Team
Other Languages: 日本語