Weekly digest of new Knowledge Base Articles from The Workspace ONE Team in the My Workspace ONE Portal
New KB articles published for week ending on 10/26/18
Posted on October 29th, 2018
The Workspace ONE Team will begin publishing product announcements and documentation at the beginning of the app rollout to the store. Staged rollouts occur over an undisclosed period of time, sometimes progressing over weekends. Users who are to receive the update include new and existing customers which are selected at random by Google with no intervention from the Workspace ONE Team.
APNs for applications certificates will expire on the Workspace ONE UEM Console on November 26th, 2018. When the certificate expires, push notification messages will be impacted and may not go through to VMware applications on managed devices. More information such as required remediation steps can be found in the full article.
VMware Workspace ONE is updating the network cipher suite supported in the VMware SaaS data centers by dropping support for weak/legacy ciphers. Our teams will discontinue support for Transport Layer Security (TLS) versions 1.0 and 1.1 in the vIDM hosted (SAAS) preview environments on October 19, 2018. From this date onwards, only TLS 1.2 will be supported in preview environments.
Intelligent Hub is an in-place replacement for the AirWatch Agent, enabling a more unified on-boarding experience. It also enables Workspace ONE UEM customers to easily embark on the digital workspace journey and enable new end user services. Information about the application rollout and customer impact, please see the full article.
What's New in this App Version
- BINXA-6979: Support for Email Notification Service (ENS) for Android
Note: ENS2 version 1.3 is required to use this feature
- ENS2 Cloud already supports Android ENS
- For on-premises, ENS2 1.3 will be required along with CNS 2.0
- Authentication methods supported include: Basic, Modern Authentication, Certificate based authentication (CBA), and Multifactor authentication (MFA)
For more information, see the KB article here.
- BINXA-8778: Improved status bar notification icon based on user feedback
Bugs Fixed in this App Version
- BINXA-8808: SDK notifications cause the device to go into a boot loop
- BINXA-8771: Failure to download attachments when configured with Exchange 2007
- BINXA-8781: ENSLinkAddress needs "/" at the end of the URL
- BINXA-7939: Contact's 'default' phone number setting not synced to native contacts
- BINXA-8568: Reply All functionality in Workspace ONE Boxer
- BINXA-8638: App crash when opening from an email notification
- BINXA-8479: App crash after locking and receiving and opening notification
- BINXA-7630: S/MIME email is not processed until user navigate away then back to email
- BINXA-7885: Attachment icon is shown in conversation list view for those emails which have only inline images or signatures
Known Issues in this App Version
- BINXA-8649: Workspace ONE Boxer is rendering pdfs which are embedded in an RTF document
VMware Identity Manager Linux Connector (OVA) will reach End of General Support (EOGS) on February 28, 2020. VMware Identity Manager Windows Connector will continue to be available and supported. For the full impact of this change, please visit the full article.
What’s New in this Software Version
- ENS-940: Notification support for VMware Workspace ONE Boxer for Android.
- ENS-989: VIP notification support (available in upcoming Workspace ONE Boxer release for iOS, Workspace ONE Boxer for Android will support VIP notifications later in the year.
- ENS-1119: Enhanced notification formatting.
Note: ENS2 1.3 requires Cloud Notification Service (CNS) 2.0. Customers should not upgrade to ENS2 1.3 without having access to CNS 2.0.
Bugs Fixed in this App Version
- ABRW-171459: Weblinks from VIDM always opens homepage
OS Updates Dashboard:
As the enterprise grows, so does the number of Operating Systems (OS) versions that an administrator needs to manage, as well as track their associated security threats. Admins will have the ability to filter on a specific OS version or to see an overall distribution by platform and model.
What’s New in this App Version
- New User Experience and Icon.
- Extends mobile device management (MDM) and mobile app management (MAM) capabilities.
- In-app catalog experience with optional services such as People, Home, and Notifications.
- Easily locate and get access to your organization structure and coworker details.
- Access to company resources from anywhere.
- App and custom notifications for password expiration, corporate updates, and more.
What’s New in this App Version
- HUB-165: Rebranded Agent onboarding screens.
- HUB-111: Rebranding Agent screens after onboarding.
- HUB-16: Onboarding experience for UEM only server configuration.
- HUB-3: Onboarding experience for UEM and Hub services server configuration.
- HUB-4: Onboarding experience for UEM, VIDM and Hub services integrated server configuration.
- HUB-115: App experience update when Hub services are enabled on the server side.
- HUB-25: App experience update when VIDM is enabled on the server side.
- HUB-14: Integrate People Search.
- HUB-15: Integrate Notification Service.
- AAGNT-183968: Implement Work Profile on a Fully Managed Device (Corporate Owned Personally Enabled) in Agent.
- AAGNT-179498: Agent should determine to communicate with the UEM console as Profile owner or Device Owner in COPE mode.
- AAGNT-184072: Support SafetyNet Attestation.
- AAGNT-183522: Samsung - Whitelist apps for Doze Mode.
- AAGNT-183624: Add APN configuration support for LG devices.
- AAGNT-183248: Remotely request a bug report.
- AAGNT-183162: The end user should not lose the zero-touch configuration that has been pushed down upon reboot.
- AAGNT-183657: Performance enhancement for randomization in file sync for upload and download.
- AAGNT-183904: Performance enhancement to back-off connections for upload and download.
When they install a WiFi profile with Automatic proxy configured on their iOS devices, the profile does not remove the proxy configuration when the profile is updated. Workaround information can be found in the full article.
The iOS Home Screen Layout does not permit for configuration of more than 8 folders per page.
When a macOS 10.13 is bound to AD through a Directory profile, specified user groups under the Administrative tab are not honored. End users whose accounts are in the specified groups under the Administrative tab, will not be granted administrative privileges upon logging in. The users will instead be granted standard user privileges.
Content Locker Sync client application fails to launch on macOS Mojave devices.
When installing a Single App Mode profile on an iOS device, app notification permissions have been deleted. End users find that they do not receive notifications when using a device that previously had a Single App Mode profile.
Intelligent Hub 9.0 for Android may fail to auto-launch and enroll for customers leveraging barcode enrollment and universal barcode. This does not affect barcode enrollment without universal barcode or StageNow barcode enrollment with/without universal barcode. Workaround information for this issue can be found in the full article.
Select Samsung devices are only available in View Only mode in VMware Advanced Remote Management without the option of attaining full control of the device. Without the libremotedesktop_client.so Knox library, full control is not possible on the device. In order to meet the Samsung Knox Library requirement, Samsung must release a firmware upgrade.
This article provides instructions for renewing SSL, Signing, and APNs certificates for Workspace ONE UEM Services which include: Console, Device, Application Programming Interface (API), Email Notification Service version 2 (ENS2), Secure Email Gateway version 2 (SEG2), AirWatch Cloud Messaging and VMware Advanced Remote Management (ARM).
This article provides instructions for renewing SSL certificates for vIDM Services which include: VMware Identity Manager or vIDM and the vIDM Connector..