Workspace ONE Administrators using Samsung “Desktop Experience” also known as “DeX” along with AirWatch Launcher to lock down devices for corporate use-cases, may find unexpected behavior when docking and undocking DeX workstations.
Samsung DeX and AirWatch Launcher together are only supported when meeting the following requirements:
- AirWatch Launcher 4.1+
- VMware Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub 9.0
- Corporate-Owned Single-Use (COSU) mode must be disabled in AirWatch Launcher
Note: This requirement applies only to Android Enterprise Work Managed devices
- DeX must be allowed in AirWatch Launcher
How to Disable COSU-mode and Allow DeX Usage
- For Android Legacy devices (Device Administrator), COSU mode is not supported at all so the SkipCosuSetup parameter is not required
- For Work Managed devices, COSU mode will be enabled by default. The below Custom XML configuration will disable COSU and allow DeX usage:
<parm name="SkipCosuSetup" value="True"/>
<parm name="AllowDexMode" value="True"/>
If all the requirements above are met, AirWatch Launcher will exit when the device is docked with the DeX station, and relaunch when the device is disconnected from the DeX station.
Workspace ONE Administrators should note that when using AirWatch Launcher 4.0 or below, the application will not recognize DeX and react correctly. Additionally, if COSU mode is in use, the DeX station will allow for screen mirroring and will not enter DeX mode at all.
Support Contact Information
The VMware Workspace ONE Team
Other Languages: 日本語