Starting November 1, 2018, Google will require that all application updates target Android 8.0, which introduces Background Execution Limits for third party Android applications. This requirement limits VMware Boxer's background activity and reliable email notifications to users will not be possible without the use of VMware Email Notification Service 2 (ENS2).
You can find out more information about Google’s new app update requirements here.
- To ensure a satisfactory experience with VMware Boxer for Android, ENS2 will be required for new email notifications delivery.
- ENS2 provides new email notifications for the root inbox folder only.
Note: Inbox subfolder support is planned as a future enhancement.
- ENS2 support for Android is under active development and is planned to be generally available before November 1, 2018, with a beta planned for early October.
- ENS2 for Android will require an updated version of VMware Boxer for Android.
- Updates to VMware Boxer for Android configuration settings will need to be performed in the Workspace ONE UEM Console for existing hosted ENS2 deployments.
- An upgrade to the ENS2 server will be required for existing On-Premises ENS2 deployments.
- Legacy ENS1 will not be updated to support VMware Boxer for Android.
For additional information regarding the benefits of VMware Email Notification Service 2 and an installation and configuration guide, please refer to the ENS2 product page here.
Support Contact Information
The VMware Workspace ONE Team
Other Languages: 日本語