The VMware Workspace ONE team is excited to announce that AirWatch Agent 8.3 for Android is publicly available.
What’s New in this App Version
- AAGNT-183192: Report MAC Address for all Android devices, including Android (Legacy)
- AAGNT-183330: Report Un-enrollments to Apteligent - Similar to Boxer
- AAGNT-183209: Report OEM as default Custom Attribute
- AAGNT-181815: Clear App Data for POEM
- AAGNT-183618: Suspicious Activity Logging - Device Reports Bluetooth Connectivity Events to Console
- AAGNT-183617: Suspicious Activity Logging - Device Reports USB Connectivity Events to Console
- AAGNT-182883: Events/Actions - Recurring Scheduler Event
- AAGNT-183063: Events/Actions - Apply Custom Settings Action
Android OEM – Samsung
- AAGNT-183442: Samsung Knox Per App VPN Blacklist
- AAGNT-183104: Implement UCM for Samsung
- AAGNT-183103: Enable/Disable/Force NFC inside the Knox Container
- AAGNT-182774: Samsung DeX - Configure position of app shortcuts on home screen
- AAGNT-182773: Samsung DeX - Configure DeX Loading Image
- AAGNT-182772: Samsung DeX - App blacklist
- AAGNT-182775: Samsung DeX - Set Screen Timeout
- AAGNT-182776: Samsung DeX - Ethernet Only Mode
Bugs Fixed in this App Version
- AAGNT-184235: Android device certificates are revoked by console
- AAGNT-184174: [Android P]: OS version shows 0.0.0
- AAGNT-183939: Unexpected un-enrollment on Android (non-Android Enterprise) devices
- AAGNT-184217: Google account registration fails on afw#airwatch Work Managed enrollments
- AAGNT-183918: Android Legacy - IMEI truncated in beacon for LG.
- AAGNT-183872: In Android Legacy Enrollment, removing the Passcode profile does not remove Image Overlay on Lock screen.
- AAGNT-183796: TLS Wi-Fi profile deployment issue with AirWatch Agent v8.2 for
- AAGNT-183710: Launcher prompt to set as default on agent upgrade.
- AAGNT-183709: MX Service: Need to add more log in INFO mode.
- AAGNT-183707: [TouchDynamic D41C & Innowi Device] Service not binding to AirWatch Agent.
- AAGNT-183690: Android Enterprise Rugged - Launcher profile product fails.
- AAGNT-183623: Agent fails to authenticate with domain user if enrolled using directory user and authentication type is username/password.
- AAGNT-183542: Change in passcode mode to alphanumeric gets skipped if other productivity apps are configured.
- AAGNT-183537: Toast message incorrectly displays "Congratulations! You have successfully enrolled your device" after max failed attempts.
- AAGNT-183533: Escalation Assistance – Android Enterprise app sample not returning when pushing internal app update on Android Enterprise devices.
- AAGNT-183426: App data after check-in is not cleared for Zebra devices.
- AAGNT-183415: Application Control policy not consistently applying.
- AAGNT-183403: Intel service not binding as expected on Castle Canyon devices.
- AAGNT-183388: Application field for custom attributes is not updating according to the custom attributes file name.
- AAGNT-183351: File Hash: Agent is not able to calculate File Hash if download file to external storage location and product
- AAGNT-183126: Agent bypasses enrollment screens.
- AAGNT-183101: Wi-Fi frequency band not applying correctly on TC51 devices.
- AAGNT-183092: Unable to install apps on Android devices through Product Provisioning.
- AAGNT-182777: Firewall profile is not taking effect on Android v5.1.1 devices (Safe 5.5).
- AAGNT-182566: Unable to generate File Hash for any file type( txt, pdf, jpg, png etc.) and product is failing during download step.
- AAGNT-182503: Agent > Product Tab > Advanced Staging Product  > displays invalid tab name.
- AAGNT-182093: KNOX prompts for password twice when Passcode profile has number of digits and symbols set to greater than 4 on Samsung S7 and above device.
- AAGNT-181731: KNOX prompts for passcode twice.
- AAGNT-180839: [I18N][HE] All translations of Agent user interface are not loading in Hebrew.
- AAGNT-180731: Job Download Progress bar is not visible if Agent goes to background during download through Relay Server.
- AAGNT-179461: Agent sends “Passcode is not compliant with profiles” when passcode profile is not present.
- AAGNT-177931: [LYF LS-4503] Agent prompts to encrypt device even when device is already encrypted.
- AAGNT-184165: Device Owner Mode: Application Control profile fails to install on device with "Profile groups are null/empty".
- AAGNT-184151: Nexus 10 does not work with AirWatch Agent v8.2 for Android.
- AAGNT-184129: Managed apps do not restore after removing whitelist profile on Honeywell devices.
- AAGNT-184052: Adapter time condition with Past Start and End year with frequency will evaluate indefinitely and the product never fails.
- AAGNT-184015: Registered devices display incorrect message.
- AAGNT-184008: Wi-Fi with Proxy settings is not configuring in device administrator on Zebra SDM660 Oreo devices.
- AAGNT-183995: Battery events are still triggered on the device even after uninstalling the EA successfully.
- AAGNT-183986: AirWatch Agent v8.3 for Android crashes when pinned in Android Enterprise and developer options are accessed.
- AAGNT-183982: No notification is thrown to install Samsung N native email app when same account is configured in AirWatch Inbox.
- AAGNT-183981: Agent not following precedence for exchange account while both native and inbox clients are not present on Samsung N devices.
- AAGNT-183980: Inconsistent behavior with font size restrictions on Android (Legacy) deployments.
- AAGNT-183979: Encryption prompt for SD card not appearing during enrollment.
- AAGNT-183972: File/Folder Download: Agent fails to get the latest file from the nfs server.
- AAGNT-183964: 'AirWatch Configuration in Progress' notification remains available when device enrolled to Profile Owner after completing encryption.
- AAGNT-183956: Android Enterprise enrollment is failing due to play service not being updated on TC25 devices.
- AAGNT-183940: File/Folder Sync: Agent reports false event log status to UEM console.
- AAGNT-183934: SSL exception in Android M and below devices during upload files.
- AAGNT-183930: SD card not silently encrypting on Samsung devices.
- AAGNT-183914: Profiles revoked due to passcode policy not applying properly once device becomes compliant.
- AAGNT-183907: Unmanaged app shows in managed app list if it was previously installed as a managed app.
- AAGNT-183892: Delete existing Work Profile dialog appears during Android Enterprise SAML enrollment.
- AAGNT-183887: Passcode profile fails to apply on Samsung L devices.
- AAGNT-183884: Fingerprint dialog is not shown when Agent is locked.
- AAGNT-183878: "Google play has stopped" prompt comes during Android Enterprise Profile Owner enrollment.
- AAGNT-183874: Application Control profile is shown as not supported on Huawei device.
- AAGNT-183861: SD Card Encryption is not working on Zebra SDM660 Oreo devices.
- AAGNT-183857: Device unenrolls after disabling Samsung Knox on Android Oreo.
- AAGNT-183853: Agent is not launching when device is locked with Launcher on Zebra SDM660 Oreo devices.
- AAGNT-183852: Job stuck in intermediate state when device does not have enough memory to download File&Actions/Apps.
- AAGNT-183847: Wi-Fi configuration not removed on removal of profile or enterprise wipe on Samsung S9 devices.
- AAGNT-183846: Keyboard focus lost after wrong login attempt.
- AAGNT-183837: Job status is paused when Agent does not have access to the destination path on Honeywell devices.
- AAGNT-183823: Failed job is being processed again by Agent.
- AAGNT-183809: OS Upgrade fails with “Not Supported” message on Zebra SDM660 Oreo devices.
- AAGNT-183789: Tapping on back arrow on Products details page shows Agent My Device screen instead of Products list screen.
- AAGNT-183741: Android Device Information not reported correctly to console
- AAGNT-183734: Disable Bluetooth settings not applying on Zebra SDM660 Oreo devices.
- AAGNT-183732: Uninstall Unmanaged App not working on Zebra SDM660 Oreo devices.
- AAGNT-183701: Wi-Fi and cellular cannot be toggled on after being removed from Samsung DeX Pad.
- AAGNT-183700: Samsung DeX profile takes some time to take effect after upgrade and reapply.
- AAGNT-183699: Duplicate shortcuts are created for Samsung DeX.
- AAGNT-183678: Run Intent Timeout field has no implications on Agent.
- AAGNT-183675: Enrolling with Stage-Fright service keeps device compliant.
- AAGNT-183672: Focus is not taken back to Browser from Agent after authentication.
- AAGNT-183643: Delay observed between text views in Collect Data screen in Samsung Tablets.
- AAGNT-183621: User Cert Alias installed with a different value and User cert alias is not selected in Wi-Fi SSID on Zebra TC51M devices.
- AAGNT-183515: Intel Castle Canyon: Launcher prompts for Usage Access permission.
- AAGNT-183514: Intel Castle Canyon: Unable to download file on /data/misc./Wi-Fi.
- AAGNT-183513: Intel Castle Canyon: Uninstall Unmanaged App Product failed (java.lang.NullPointerException) though app is removed from the device.
- AAGNT-183510: Intel Castle Canyon: User and Root cert does not remove after uninstall Cert based Wi-Fi profile.
Take advantage of these updates by meeting the minimum requirements and downloading AirWatch Agent 8.3 for Android.
- Android 4.1+
- AirWatch Console 9.1+
How to Download AirWatch Agent 8.3 for Android
- Prior Version is Installed–The application seamlessly updates over the existing application version without disrupting device enterprise functionality.
- Prior Version is Not Installed– Direct users to download it from the Google Play Store.
Support Contact Information
The VMware Workspace ONE Team
Other Languages: 日本語