The VMware Workspace ONE team is excited to announce that VMware Boxer 4.14 for iOS is publicly available.
What’s New in this App Version
- Now Available - The Boxer Admin guide is now translated into French, German, Japanese, Simplified Chinese and Spanish and is available on docs.vmware.com.
- BINXI-6606: New Conversation View – Beta (requires iOS 11+)
- Try our public beta for the new email view that brings improvements to one-handed use, accessibility of attachments, rendering of email bodies and more!
- You can enable the new email view by navigating to Boxer Settings > Advanced settings and toggling the ‘New Conversation View (beta)’.
- There are also different Rendering modes to try out:
- Default Render Mode – default (may see small text with this mode)
- Static Scale Render Mode – Always zoom to 1.0
- Max-Width Image Render Mode – Tries to limit long photos
- Intrinsic Render Mode – No change to the displaying of the email (we render it how it was sent)
- Dynamic Scaling – (Recommended) Scale at 1.0 and scaling down large tables
- Let us know what you think by giving us feedback in the form of photos, description and screen recordings to firstname.lastname@example.org
- BINXI-7249: Trigger Boxer GAL search after 2 characters
- Now, when searching the Global Address List, 2 characters are required before triggering a search
- This setting must also be updated on the Exchange server.
- BINXI-7541: Re-enable email Avatars (Exchange)
- Because of the performance improvements made in Boxer, we are enabling Exchange avatars by default.
- The avatars can still be turned off using the following key value pair:
- Key: PolicyAllowExchangeAvatars (string)
- true (new default, enables Exchange avatars)
- false (old default, disables exchange avatars)
- BINXI-7382: External highlight (Confirm before sending a calendar invite to external addresses)
- When creating or editing an event, external recipients are also highlighted. If you have ‘Confirm before sending’ enabled, you will now also be warned before sending a calendar invite.
- BINXI-7646, 7628, 7634: Accessibility updates for using VoiceOver
- Improvements to make Boxer more accessible with this release focusing on the Email, Calendar and Contacts Views.
- BINXI-8183: Default conversation order to newest on top (only affects new install)
- Now on new installs, the default conversation order is newest at the top, existing users will not see a change in their settings.
Bugs Fixed in this App Version
- BINXI-8436: App size exceeding limit to download over cellular data
- BINXI-8281: Remove force close message that shows every time Boxer is force quit
- BINXI-7067: Caller ID is not displayed even if CallKit is enabled
- BINXI-6847: Email sub-folder is listed in wrong folder if two folders share same first word
- BINXI-7810: S/MIME Certificates installation fails
- BINXI-7804: Some emails are not received
- BINXI-8037: Boxer freezes and crashes
- BINXI-7840: S/MIME messages are not loading bodies with Failure to Load message displayed when doing a server search
- BINXI-7990: When adding multiple contacts only the last one added is displayed on the Lotus Notes client on PC
- BINXI-8064: Copy out restriction set at boxer level DLP not working when SSO is disabled
- BINXI-8205: Freeze and crash when there is a network error
- BINXI-7666: Handle console switch to or from ModernAuth gracefully
- BINXI-7861: Keyboard UIToolBar becomes blank in drafted email
- BINXI-6287: Unable to delete emails from combined Local drafts folder
- BINXI-7997: ‘Open Sources Licenses page’ is not loading
- BINXI-6678: S/MIME - Valid Certificates are coming down as 'Not Trusted' despite trust store is set to SDK
- BINXI-7232: Action grid text overruns available space when text descriptions are long
- BINXI-8044: Crash when searching a cancelled event in email and removing from calendar
- BINXI-7892: PolicyAllowCustomKeyboards key not honored
- BINXI-7735: Boxer Authentication fails if the password contains Unicode character with cedilla (¸)
- BINXI-4366: Auto generated email not rendering the entire email
- BINXI-4669: Zoom issues with inline images
- BINXI-7323: Boxer incorrectly translates ‘Install’ in French
- BINXI-7984: Boxer 4.13.0 on Settings > Mail category > More > Undo duration has an incorrect French translation.
- BINXI-7472: (Lotus Notes) Boxer doesn't handle replies to display names with comma properly
- BINXI-7286: Cannot see email content when we the app config "AppRefetchEmptyLinksUsingMime" is used
- BINXI-5973: Crash when VoiceOver is enabled
- BINXI-7502: Calendar invites shifting entries when the week start day is updated
- BINXI-6880: Boxer sends ‘none’ as sound when selected from settings
- BINXI-6672: Unable to sync email when user mailbox is set up to integrate Veritas' Enterprise Vault
- BINXI-5760: Calendar invite temporarily disappears when you scroll down and back up in the invite email
- BINXI-3138: Bugs with collapsing quoted text
- BINXI-7989: Copy/Paste restriction set does not work when SDK profile is set as ‘iOS Default Settings’ SSO key false
- BINXI-5719: Certain Japanese characters are incorrect on Boxer preview screen
- BINXI-8200: [EAS 16+] Calendar appointment is showing incorrect dates
- BINXI-8257: Received date in expanded header of conversation is 4 hours ahead of correct time
- BINXI-7973: Tab bar disappears in certain scenarios
- BINXI-8476: Check icons not showing up on email avatars during bulk select
Take advantage of these updates by meeting the minimum requirements and downloading VMware Boxer 4.14 for iOS.
- iOS 10+
- Workspace ONE UEM (AirWatch) Console 9.1+
How to Download VMware Boxer 4.14 for iOS
- Prior Version is Installed: Direct end users to update the app when prompted. The application seamlessly updates over the existing application version without disrupting device enterprise functionality.
- Prior Version is Not Installed: Direct end users to download it from the App Store.
Support Contact Information
The VMware Workspace ONE Team
Other Languages: 日本語