An issue has been discovered with certain special characters, including “@”, “/”, “\”, “:”, “;”, “,”, “?”, “$”, “&”, “=”, “+”, within the Relay Server configuration for StageNow barcode enrollment. StageNow currently is not compatible with these special characters, resulting in an error display on the device after scanning the StageNow barcode. These characters are most commonly found in the below cases:
- FTP/FTPS login password contains special characters
- FTP/FTPS user is part of a Domain (e.g. ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’ or ‘ftpdomain\user’)
Customers who have any special characters in the Relay Server > Device Connection for staging configuration will experience issues with StageNow barcode enrollment. VMware recommends the below workarounds to avoid this issue:
- Do not use any of the following characters in the FTP/FTPS password:
“@” | “/” | “\” | “:” | “;” | “,” | “?” | “$” | “&” | “=” | “+”
- If a domain user is being used to authenticate with the FTP/FTPS server, please do the following:
- Configure the FTP/FTPS server to use a default domain, so that one does not need to be provided in the Relay Server configuration.
- Edit the Relay Server > Device Connection details to remove the domain. Simply supply the username and password.
This issue will be addressed in a future StageNow and Workspace ONE Console update, to allow domains and special characters to be included in the Relay Server configuration.
Please note that only the Device Connection is affected. The Console Connection does not need to be modified.
Support Contact Information
The VMware Workspace ONE Team
Other Languages: 日本語