The VMware Workspace ONE team is excited to announce that VMware Workspace ONE MDM Agent 6.5.2 for Windows Mobile is publicly available.
What’s New in this App Version
- WMAGNT-3942 – Remove AWCM Functionality.
- Due to an authorization flaw in the File, Task, and Registry Manager for Windows Mobile/CE devices, it is possible for a remote attacker with knowledge of specific enrolled devices within an AirWatch instance to add or remove files from a device, remotely execute commands on the device, or modify or set Registry Key values for Windows Mobile/CE devices which are configured to use AirWatch Cloud Messaging (AWCM). This version of the Agent removes this functionality to resolve the vulnerability. More information is available here.
Bugs Fixed in this App Version
- WMAGNT-3940 – Meta file data and actual file data is written into the same file.
- WMAGNT-3939 – CA Cert on the persistent drive fails to get removed after enterprise wipe.
Due to the security vulnerability remediated with WMAGNT-3942, we are requesting all customers upgrade to this latest version of the Windows Mobile Agent. Take advantage of these updates by meeting the minimum requirements and downloading VMware Workspace ONE MDM Agent 6.5.2 for Windows Mobile.
- Windows Mobile 5.0+ or Windows CE 5.0+
How to Download VMware Workspace ONE MDM Agent 6.5.2 for Windows Mobile
- Prior Version is Installed: If you have a prior version installed on your device, you will need to upgrade your existing agent (please reference the Windows Mobile Platform Guide for specific instructions on performing this, if needed).
- Prior Version is Not Installed: If you do not have a prior version installed on your device, you can access it the following ways:
- SaaS customers: Through the Workspace ONE UEM Console via web based enrollment, a side load cab file from the console, or using the Staging methods (Sideload Staging, Barcode Enrollment – Motorola devices only, On-Demand) located under the product provisioning section. See the users’ guide for further details.
- On Premises Customers: Download it from the Resource Portal.
Support Contact Information
The VMware Workspace ONE Team
Other Languages: 日本語