Workspace ONE UEM uses Custom profiles to allow admins to push features and other settings to Android devices that are not supported through the Workspace ONE UEM console. The functions discussed in this article include the below settings added with AirWatch Agent 8.2 for Android.
Using Custom Profiles
The Custom Settings payload allows admins to enter their own XML into a profile and apply the profile to devices. Follow the steps below using the custom XML code found in this article.
- Configure the General profile and deployment options as desired.
- Navigate to the Custom Settings profile and select Configure.
- Add the associated XML below to the Custom Settings text box.
- This XML should contain the complete block of code as listed below, from <characteristic> to </characteristic>.
- Administrators should configure each setting from <true /> to <false /> as desired.
- If certificates are required, then configure a Certificate payload within the profile and reference the PayloadUUID in the Custom Settings payload.
- Select Save & Publish.
Allow Fingerprint Authentication on Samsung Knox container
Allow fingerprint authentication inside the Knox Container. To enable, use the following custom XML:
uuid="8e7e6641-d5e2-47a8-842a-31e3780e9547"> <parm name="enableFingerprintAuthentication"
value="False" /> </characteristic>
Take advantage of these updates by meeting the minimum requirements and deploying the Workspace ONE UEM Custom profile.
- AirWatch Agent 8.2 for Android
- Samsung ELM Service 4.2 (Required if upgrading from previous version. For new enrollments, only the AirWatch Agent for Android is required)
Support Contact Information
The VMware Workspace ONE Team
Other Languages: 日本語