The VMware Workspace ONE team is excited to announce that AirWatch Agent 8.2 for Android is publicly available.
What’s New in this App Version
- AAGNT-182783: User Acceptance prompt for Sensitive Data Collection.
- AAGNT-182796: Uninstall support for Event Actions.
- AAGNT-182744: Resume queue if Agent is killed or device is rebooted.
- AAGNT-182396: AirWatch productivity apps access blocked due to app control logic changes. (Legacy)
- AAGNT-181995: Event Actions Phase 1 support.
- AAGNT-182580: Android O Bookmark support implemented. (Legacy)
- AAGNT-182748: Admin should be able to set an initial passcode on Android Work Managed devices.
- AAGNT-182456: Single user staging support for Android Work Managed devices.
Android OEM – Samsung
- AAGNT-182830: Support Samsung ELM license activation through Auto-Enrollment.
- AAGNT-182479: AirWatch Agent and Samsung ELM Service merged into unified application for new enrollments.
- AAGNT-182365: Samsung Native Email will automatically update when new certificate is pushed.
- AAGNT-182478: Support Samsung OEM extensions on Android Work Managed device enrollment.
Bugs Fixed in this App Version
- AAGNT-183664 - Remove File Manager command due to security vulnerability. More information is available here.
- AAGNT-183073: [Intermittent] Agent crashes when device orientation is changed in device ownership selection screen.
- AAGNT-183091: Cannot install most certificates on Android M devices.
- AAGNT-182968: Honeywell Agent Upgrade File/Action fails from AirWatch Agent 8.1 to any higher version.
- AAGNT-182728: Reapply Android profile does not work for some types of combined profiles.
- AAGNT-182768: Android application widgets are not working consistently.
- AAGNT-182824: Unenrollment fails while secured channel is disabled.
- AAGNT-182753: Crash observed on AirWatch Agent 8.1 for Android while enrolling into Android demo environment.
- AAGNT-183244: AirWatch Agent authentication shows no matter how many times the passcode is entered.
- AAGNT-183242: Clear Passcode command does not work for Samsung device with Android 7.0.
- AAGNT-182721: AirWatch Tunnel profile intermittently not being loaded in Tunnel client.
- AAGNT-182831: Issues with certificate sampling or detection on Android Samsung devices
- AAGNT-182504: AWservice crashes in AirWatch Agent 8.0.1 for Android
- AAGNT-182141: Closing Agent process after PBE password results in unenrollment.
- AAGNT-182286: Knox Play for Work fails to initiate itself properly when Samsung ELM service is pushed from Play Store.
- AAGNT-181709: Wi-Fi with certificates not installing as expected on Vuzix M300 devices.
- AAGNT-183375: User is not prompted for passcode when device is locked/ unlocked during post enrollment wizard.
- AAGNT-182877: Wi-Fi SSID (with Cert) is not connecting if same certificate overlapped between separate Wi-Fi SSID and one profile removed from the device.
- AAGNT-183414: Knox Container root certificate intermittently not installed automatically on Samsung Oreo devices.
- AAGNT-183304: Exception parsing Application List samples for Android Oreo devices.
- AAGNT-183002: Agent fails to install certificates when subject is too long on Samsung S8 and Samsung S8+ devices.
- AAGNT-182967: Handle escape characters in XML submitted to MXFramework.
- AAGNT-182805: SD card for Motorola LEX11 Rugged Android devices becomes unmounted when the devices are rebooted.
- AAGNT-183000: App installs on device but shows the status on console as failed
- AAGNT-182764: Android work profile provisioning fails if cancelled once.
- AAGNT-182828: Geofencing not working in KNOX profiles.
- AAGNT-182759: Uninstall of internal application during enrollment displays Play Store link for installation.
- AAGNT-182754: Wi-Fi with certificates profile not automatically configuring on Samsung Oreo S8 and S9 devices.
- AAGNT-182704: Updates to VPN profile are not enforced on the devices intermittently requiring re-installation of the Tunnel application.
- AAGNT-183331: Not able to configure email with derived credentials on Galaxy S7 using AirWatch Agent 8.2 for Android.
- AAGNT-183336: Samsung S8 device enrollment goes into loop when enabling unknown app installation only in the case of registration token-based enrollment.
- AAGNT-183207: Email with certificates not working for LG devices on AirWatch Agent 8.2 for Android.
- AAGNT-183177: Unable to install Wi-Fi certificates on LG Nougat devices.
- AAGNT-183240: Zebra MC18N0 devices with AirWatch Agent 220.127.116.11 is not accepting Wi-Fi profiles with 64-character hex keys.
- AAGNT-183134: Bookmarks are not added to device home screen after “Add to home screen” is selected while adding bookmarks under device profile.
- AAGNT-182664: [Nexus 6- Android N] Device connects to previous Wi-Fi AP instead of connecting to AP pushed through Wi-Fi profile.
- AAGNT-182626: Device exits out of the launcher when Application Control profile is removed.
- AAGNT-182502: Not able to create folder on /storage/sdcard0/Download path
- AAGNT-182484: AirWatch Agent is not sending the battery percentage properly.
- AAGNT-182501: Per App VPN for AnyConnect client does not work for Android enrolled device.
- AAGNT-182147: AirWatch Agent does not display all whitelist applications under Compliance > App List > Whitelist App.
- AAGNT-182450: Enrollment fails when service app is in Uninstalled apps on LG devices.
- AAGNT-182416: Wi-Fi profile must be reapplied to install derived credential on Pixel devices running Android Oreo.
- AAGNT-182375: Honeywell Devices CT50 Enrollment issue on Android M devices.
- AAGNT-182310: Unenrolling a Zebra Android work managed device does not do a complete factory reset of the device.
- AAGNT-182270: While switching Wi-Fi networks SSID updated with some random value intermittently.
- AAGNT-181934: [L10N] [FR] Improper translation for "device_administrator_activate" in French.
- AAGNT-181827: Knox Play for Work is not getting enabled intermittently when enrolled in Container Only mode using Knox Mobile Enrollment.
- AAGNT-181698: [KME] AirWatch Agent completes enrollment even after declining KLM EULA.
- AAGNT-182760: Escalation: AirWatch Agent GUI issues in Hebrew (RTL) | Change Keypad and Login text getting overlapped.
- AAGNT-183164: Android restriction profile changes the device screen lock settings to Swipe from None.
- AAGNT-182628: Android devices being prompted to set password when only PIN is required from passcode profile.
- AAGNT-183351: AirWatch Agent is not able to calculate File Hash if download file to external storage location and product is failing.
- AAGNT-183408: Data Usage on Roaming restriction is not working on Zebra MX devices.
- AAGNT-182930: AirWatch Agent crashes with java.lang.IllegalStateException on rotating device in Products Tab
- AAGNT-182897: Enable passcode visibility is not working on Samsung devices using Device Owner mode.
- AAGNT-182804: AirWatch Agent is not queued up in auto update list of Play Store in COM.
- AAGNT-182750: Unable to remove APN on Samsung devices.
- AAGNT-183326: Enterprise Wipe does not revert AirWatch Agent screen on Sony Xperia XZ2.
- AAGNT-183178: OS upgrade followed by AirWatch Agent upgrade in Device Owner mode fails to upgrade AirWatch Agent. Product is in progress for ever.
- AAGNT-183161: Allow GPS location service and network location service restriction not working on Android Device Owner enrolled devices.
- AAGNT-183126: AirWatch Agent bypasses enrollment screens.
- AAGNT-183449: Exchange profiles shows 'Not Supported' when Email app is not present on Samsung devices.
- AAGNT-183323: Unable to add Bookmarks on Samsung S8 device in Android enrolled in Work Managed or Work Profile mode.
- AAGNT-183388: Application field for custom attributes is not updating according to the custom attribute file name
- AAGNT-183511: Add Shortcuts notification is not removed upon unenrollment while Workspace ONE is present.
Take advantage of these updates by meeting the minimum requirements and downloading AirWatch Agent 8.2 for Android.
- Android 4.0 or higher
- Workspace ONE UEM (AirWatch) Console 9.1+
How to Download AirWatch Agent 8.2 for Android
- Prior Version is Installed–The application seamlessly updates over the existing application version without disrupting device enterprise functionality.
- Prior Version is Not Installed– Direct users to download it from the Google Play Store.
Support Contact Information
The VMware Workspace ONE Team
Other Languages: 日本語