The VMware Workspace ONE Team is excited to announce that VMware AirWatch 1.0 for Vuzix M300 Smart Glasses is publicly available.
Vuzix M300 Smart Glasses are an ergonomically designed and ruggedized Android-based wearable device. With a versatile collection of mounting options and accessories, as well as a broad network of enterprise application partners, Vuzix M300 Smart Glasses are a highly flexible solution for delivering significant efficiency improvements to a variety of enterprise use cases. AirWatch provides a robust set of mobility management solutions for enrolling, securing, configuring, and managing your Smart Glasses deployment. Through the Workspace ONE UEM (AirWatch) Console, you have several tools and features at your disposal for managing the entire life-cycle of Android based Smart Glasses such as the M300.
Key Features of AirWatch Support for Vuzix M300 Smart Glasses
- Displays device model, OS, and other details accurately in the Device Detail view, providing visibility and asset management capabilities.
- Allows an administrator to configure and apply a Wi-Fi profile for devices (including certificate based).
- Provides the ability to manage applications on the device including installation, removal & updates.
- Allows authorized administrators to Enterprise wipe a device remotely, when required.
- AAGNT-183568: When device is unerolled, the Platform OEM service is not removed as a device administrator. This can be done manually if desired.
Take advantage of these updates by meeting the minimum requirements and downloading AirWatch Agent Packages with Support for Smart Glasses Running Android.
- Workspace ONE UEM (AirWatch) Console 9.1+
- PC or Mac running Android Debug Bridge (ADB)
- Vuzix M300 Firmware version 1.3 (Released on 5/15/18)
How to Download AirWatch Support for Vuzix M300 Smart Glasses
- With this announcement, AirWatch now supports all of the following Smart Glass manufacturers: ODG, Vuzix, Google & RealWear. The Agent Package is unique for each manufacturer and can be downloaded from the Resource Portal.
- Please refer to the VMware AirWatch Integration with Smart Glasses documentation, available on VMware Docs, for instructions on how to utilize the Agent Package and enroll Smart Glasses.
- Download the APF for the Vuzix M300 here in the Resources Portal.
Support Contact Information
The VMware Workspace ONE Team
Other Languages: 日本語