The VMware Workspace ONE Team is excited to announce that AirWatch SDK 18.3 for Android is publicly available.
What’s New in this Version
- ASDK-168156: Added key wrapping support (migration and backwards compatibility).
- ASDK-168986: Added secure key de-allocation for session timeouts.
Bugs Fixed in this Version
- ASDK-169161: Fixed Play store crashes caused due to an Illegal State Exception.
- ASDK-169143: Fixed an issue related to passcode rotation in key-wrapped apps.
- ASDK-169081: Fixed an issue where SDK Apps were not accessible when offline, even though Offline Access has been enabled.
- ASDK-168987: Fixed an issue where SDK Apps were re-prompted to set passcode when the SDK settings were changed from custom to default in the console.
- (ASDK-168947; ASDK-168715; ASDK-168775; ASDK-168894): Added SDK Security Improvements.
- ASDK-168898: Improved SSL pinning status messaging to better report a discrepancy in auto discovery details between the server and the app.
- ASDK-168889: Fixed an issue with app initialization that occurred during first startup.
- ASDK-168617: Fixed an issue where a user was asked for a passcode after a restart, even when authentication was disabled.
- ASDK-168567: Fixed an issue where a user was asked to set new passcodes when authentication type settings were changed in the console.
Known Issues in this Version
Key Wrapping Workflows: Snackbar is being displayed when flipping between pre-18.3 SDK and 18.3 SDK Apps.
Users will see a Snackbar in the following two scenarios.
- User initializes an app running the 18.3 SDK.
- User then installs and initializes an app running a pre-18.3 version of the SDK.
- User initializes an app running a pre-18.3 version of the SDK.
- User restarts the device.
- User then installs and initializes an app running the 18.3 SDK.
Take advantage of these updates by meeting the minimum requirements and downloading AirWatch SDK 18.3 for Android.
- Android 4.0.3+ / Ice Cream Sandwich / API Level 15+* (See the Known Issues section)
- Android Studio with the Gradle Android Build System (Gradle) 3.3.0+
- AirWatch Agent 5.3 for Android
- AirWatch Console 9.1.2+ (for Workspace ONE compatibility)
How to Download SDK 18.3 for Android
- Existing SDK Users– Use the previous SDK download link from the My Workspace ONE portal.
- New SDK Users– Request download permissions from your AirWatch account representative.
Support Contact Information
The VMware Workspace ONE Team
Other Languages: 日本語