The VMware AirWatch® team is excited to announce that VMware Boxer 4.12 for Android is publicly available.
What’s New in this App Version
- BINXA-6441: External Recipient Warning
- Admins and users can configure Boxer to highlight external email addresses in red. The admins and users can define what is an external address from the console via a key value pair and in the app from Settings > More mail settings > Mark addresses.
- Boxer prompts you to confirm before sending to an external address. For admins this is another key value pair.
- BINXA-5498: New Sync Status indicator
- The sync status indicator is updated to display when your mailbox was last updated. It also displays the progress is there are any updates.
- BINXA-6678: Message about Free/Busy availability not supported on certain servers
- Some email servers do not support Free/Busy. If the server is not supported, Boxer displays a message when checking for the availability of attendees.
- BINXA-6611: Go to free/busy attendees from main event view
- Now it is easier to access Free/Busy from an event. Open an event and tap on the invitees instead of tapping Edit.
Bugs Fixed in this App Version
- BINXA-6594: The ‘Enable device contacts’ disabled option not working correctly
- BINXA-6595: The ‘Enable device contacts’ enabled option not working correctly for non-managed Exchange accounts
- BINXA-6595: APK attachments are not blocked
- BINXA-6523: RSA Link not working
- BINXA-6811: Boxer crashes when entering invalid email address in the ‘Compose’ field
- BINXA-6807: Boxer is crashing when selecting the ‘Sync options’ from email folders
- BINXA-6762: Certificate renewal logic is incorrect for dual factor authentication
- BINXA-6794: Boxer crashes when editing an existing, recurring All Day event
- BINXA-6353: Auto-Delete not working for Email attachment saved in Files
- BINXA-5096: File name of an .eml file is appended with an extra ‘.eml’
- BINXA-3653: Samsung devices display ‘Managed from console’ but prompts for manual set up in Power saving mode
- BINXA-6662: On Samsung devices, user's preference is not honored after upgrade, if the KVP is not set
- BINXA-6645: Creating Invite via compose screen does not populate the attendee’s status on Invitees field of the new event screen
- BINXA-6451: In accounts with multiple folders within a mailbox, there is 20-30 seconds delay to show all folders
- BINXA-6795: Scroll position is lost in search after viewing an email and navigating back
- BINXA-6242: Unable to download attachments over 13 MB
- BINXA-5616: Contact photo position is not centered in email details view
- BINXA-1814: The ‘Week starts on’ function is not applied to pull-down calendar in Day or Agenda view
- BINXA-6404: Hebrew attachments in PDF, Excel, and Word files are not rendered correctly
- BINXA-6265: Form Filled PDF Attachments are not displaying field values
- BINXA-6898: Boxer Application not responding on launch after CBA certificate renewal
Take advantage of these updates by meeting the minimum requirements and downloading VMware Boxer 4.12 for Android.
- Android 5.0+
- AirWatch Admin Console 9.0+
How to Download VMware Boxer 4.12 for Android
- Prior Version is Installed – Direct end users to update the app when prompted. The application seamlessly updates over the existing application version without disrupting device enterprise functionality.
- Prior Version is Not Installed – Direct end users to download it from the Google Play Store.
Support Contact Information
The VMware AirWatch Team
Other Languages: 日本語