The VMware Workspace ONE Team is excited to announce that VMware Workspace ONE 1.0.1 is publicly available.
Workspace ONE for macOS is an application that allow users to have a more native workspace experience on their Macs. It is similar to other Workspace ONE apps in that it provides an app catalog for an organizations web, remote and desktop apps. Plus it offers more streamlined access to launch remote apps than is possible from in a web browser. Desktop users, who rely heavily on Bookmarks while they have their computer open all day, will appreciate the new Workspace ONE for Mac app.
Key Features of VMware Workspace ONE 1.0.1
- Native macOS app delivery
- Users have self-service access to install macOS native apps from the app catalog to their desktop
- Workspace ONE app supports native app installation from both Agent and Adaptive Management enrollment
- Web app and Remote App Catalog
- All applications supported by VMware Identity Manager are supported: SaaS apps, web links, basic auth apps plus Horizon, ThinApp and Citrix remote applications
- Your existing apps and Bookmarks will appear in Workspace ONE for Mac automatically
- Seamless Remote app launcher for Horizon and Citrix
- Workspace ONE is able to detect the presence of Horizon Client on the local computer and will automatically launch apps with it for the best experience possible. When Horizon Client is not available, Horizon HTML Access will be used instead. This is faster and more streamlined than the browser today.
- Workspace ONE will launch Citrix Receiver to access XenApp and XenDesktop. It is able to open multiple apps seamlessly.
- Identity and Access integration
- Workspace ONE for Mac fully supports Identity Manager access policies and authentication methods, including certificate authentication
- App auto update
- Workspace ONE for Mac is not distributed through the Apple App Store, so it comes with an internal update service. When a new version of the app is available, users will be prompted to upgrade.
- Users also have the choice to opt out of auto updates and can instead manually check for updates via the Workspace ONE menu.
- Send logs
- If users have problems, it is simple to send logs via email via the Workspace menu under Help > Send Logs.
- The default email is email@example.com, however, it can be changed.
Take advantage of these updates by meeting the minimum requirements and downloading VMware Workspace ONE 1.0.1 for macOS.
- macOS 10.12
- VMware Identity Manager 2.9+ or Hosted
- If customer already has AirWatch deployed jointly with Identity Manager
- AirWatch must be 9.2.2+
- For native macOS software delivery:
- AirWatch Agent 3.0
- Workspace ONE UEM (AirWatch) Console 9.3
How to Download VMware Workspace ONE 1.0.1
- Download VMware Workspace ONE 1.0.1 from the AirWatch Resource Portal.
Support Contact Information
The VMware Workspace ONE Team
Other Languages: 日本語