The VMware Workspace ONE Team is excited to announce that VMware AirWatch Email Notification Service 2 (ENS2) 1.0 for On-Premise Installations is publicly available.
Email Notification Service 2 (ENS2) 1.0 for On-Premise Installations is a ground-up rewrite of the solution to provide new email notifications for VMware Boxer on iOS. The service works by monitoring the customers Exchange or Office365 back end for email events and sending updates to the end user devices via the Apple Push Notification Service. The updates come through as new email banners and in the app’s badge counter. In addition, the new version offers a more robust security model, high availability, and a cloud deployment option.
Key Features of VMware AirWatch Email Notification Service 2 (ENS2) 1.0 for On-Premise Installations
- Email Push Notifications
- Delivers new email notifications in near real-time
- Triggers background sync on Boxer for iOS
- The unread badge reflects the count of unread messages in the user’s inbox on the server
- Device to ENS Communication
- Allows users to disable notifications directly from device
- Allows users to select calendar-only notifications
- Zero-Touch Cloud Deployment
- Requires no additional infrastructure
- Exchange service accounts are not required
- Supported with MS Exchange 2010+
- Optional on-prem deployment available
- AirWatch Admin Console 9.0+
- Boxer for iOS 4.10+
- Autodiscover enabled in Exchange environment
- Basic Authentication for email back end (for initial release)
How to Download VMware AirWatch Email Notification Service 2 (ENS2) 1.0 for On-Premise Installations
- Download the installer via the Resource Portal.
- Please refer the Email Notification Service Guide in the Resource Portal for detailed setup instructions.
Support Contact Information
The VMware Workspace ONE Team
Other Languages: 日本語