The VMware Workspace ONE Team is excited to announce that AirWatch Agent 8.1 for Android is publicly available.
What’s New in this App Version
- AAGNT-181695: Added functionality for the AirWatch Agent to prompt for PIN/Password to decrypt staging data.
- AAGNT-181938: Added abilility to capture data logs for unintended enterprise wipes.
- AAGNT-181948: Sample new Battery Management items
- AAGNT-181766: Added support for intent extra type String ArrayList.
- AAGNT-181765: Added functionality to automatically enable notifications instead of users doing it manually.
- AAGNT-181735: Implemented Agent APIs for detecting and installing managed applications.
- AAGNT-181460: Added Single Sign-on support for SAML users.
- AAGNT-177532: Added abilility to hold enterprise reset command on AirWatch Agent if device battery level is 50% or less.
- AAGNT-181954: Increased max failed passcode attempts to infinite (current 100 max).
- AAGNT-181343: Added functionality to display support information in the AirWatch Agent.
Android OEM – Samsung
- AAGNT-182041: Added Passcode profile restictions to block iris scanner and face unlock on Samsung devices and Knox container (Cusom XML Required).
- AAGNT-181762: Added ability to disable lockscreen shortcuts for Samsung devices (Cusom XML Required).
- AAGNT-180611: Added support for Derived Credentials for Knox Container.
- AAGNT-181688: Added Token-based enrollment for Knox Mobile Enrollment .
Android OEM – Zebra
- AAGNT-182242: Added support for Stage Now Device Owner barcode enrollment.
Android OEM – Honeywell
- AAGNT-181631: Implemented functionality to Disable Guest Account addition.
- AAGNT-181765: Added functionality to automatically enable Notification Access for Launcher.
Android OEM – LG
- AAGNT-180903: Added support for silent configuration of Wi-Fi with certificate authentication on devices running LG MDM 4.0+.
Android for Work:
- AAGNT-182203: Improved user experience of Android for Work enrollment cancellation use cases with Workspace ONE.
Bugs Fixed in this App Version
- AAGNT-182149: Fixed an issue where AirWatch Agent does not enroll into Android for Work device owner mode in Legacy as well as Laforge.
- AAGNT-182513: Fixed an issue where users were unable to enroll the AirWatch Agent through RD client as Agent requests passcode.
- AAGNT-182747: Fixed an issue where certificate aliases are being renamed.
- AAGNT-182662: Fixed an issue with Android Location settings > Locating method locked to one option.
- AAGNT-182657: Fixed an issue with Huawei Service 126.96.36.199 APIs not working.
- AAGNT-182540: Fixed an issue where admins are unable to update an existing custom attribute name or delete an custom attribute from the AirWatch Console.
- AAGNT-182548: Fixed an issue where previous product file path is used in the next application installation Product.
- AAGNT-182404: Fixed an issue where Agent updated as an internal app is installing inside the Knox Container when in Container Only Mode.
- AAGNT-182481: Fixed an issue where applications do not persist after enterprise reset.
- AAGNT-182475: Fixed an issue where uninstall manifests are not executing when Uninstall Files/Actions performed.
- AAGNT-182413: Fixed an issue where AirWatch Agent crashes when writing Connectivity custom attributes.
- AAGNT-182432: Fixed an issue where AirWatch Agent crashes when enrolled without service on navigating to Managed apps page.
- AAGNT-182380: Fixed an issue where blacklisted apps reappeared after upgrading from AirWatch Agent 7.3 to AirWatch Agent 8.0 with Android For Work.
- AAGNT-182408: Fixed an issue with unable to open AirWatch Agent when Launcher in COSU mode.
- AAGNT-182542: Fixed an issue where identifiers do not match when pushing the Exchange ActiveSync Profile with IBM Notes Traveler.
- AAGNT-182335: Fixed an issue AirWatch Agent version CA not updating after upgrade.
- AAGNT-182351: Fixed an issue where job logs status are showing duplicate records when we override the job logs level from Device Details page.
- AAGNT-182331: Fixed an issue where AirWatch Agent crashes intermittently when switching from Derived Credentials App to AirWatch Agent on Samsung J3 devices.
- AAGNT-182303: Fixed an issue where Change/Clear Passcode commands are not working on AirWatch Agent 8.1 for Android in Android for Work Device Owner mode.
- AAGNT-182415: Fixed an issue where AirWatch Agent does not send audit event for enable/disable unenroll option.
- AAGNT-182151: Fixed an issue where end user is able to exit Launcher through guest user quick settings.
- AAGNT-182216: Fixed an issue where file mismatches if AirWatch Agent downloads the files with temporary path.
- AAGNT-182512: Fixed an issue with Android For Work device owner enrollment not working as expected on Samsung Galaxy Note 8 devices.
- AAGNT-182519: Fixed an issue where AirWatch Agent 8.0.1 for Android fails upon bar code staging.
- AAGNT-182055: Fixed an issue where input package restriction enforcement is not working on Samsung and Sony devices.
- AAGNT-182127: Fixed an issue with enrollment password and key encryption key (KEK) persists in memory after enterprise wipe.
- AAGNT-182035: Fixed an issue where AirWatch Agent crashes upon relaunching after pressing back key in SAML screen (SAML for SSO).
- AAGNT-181873: Fixed an issue with product job stuck in progress when AirWAtch Agent upgrades through managed app.
- AAGNT-181941: Fixed an issue where AirWatch Agent crashes when enrolling into Android For Work device owner mode in specific organization group.
- AAGNT-178188: Fixed an issue where commands are not automatically pushed to device when using GCM as Push Notification Service for AirWatch Agent 6.3 for Android.
- AAGNT-181212: Fixed and issue where AirWatch Agent crashes on setting new passcode after 'Forgot Passcode' is selected.
- AAGNT-181970: Fixed an issue where Launcher profile is not applied when getLauncherDownloadUrl() timeout though Launcher is already installed on the device.
- AAGNT-181960: Fixed an issue with CertificatePayloadUUID not reporting in the Certificate List Sample.
- AAGNT-181994: Fixed an issue where Files/Actions download through HTTPS even if job reprocessed after activating the relay server.
- AAGNT-181814: Fixed an issue where AirWatch Agent is not able to add HMAC Header.
- AAGNT-182163: Fixed an issue where 'Accept and Continue' option suppressed for Android O enrollment on Android for Work.
- AAGNT-181761: Fixed an issue where product job fails when AirWatch Agent upgrades through application product.
- AAGNT-181747: Fixed an issue where AirWatch Agent creates a folder when destination file name is different from source.
- AAGNT-181493: Fixed an issue where users are unable to download application when APN type is SUPL.
- AAGNT-182278: Fixed an issue where Custom attributes do not update on TC75 devices.
- AAGNT-181370: Fixed an issue where all provisioning Custom attributes are not displayed in the AirWatch Console when MX service is installed in the device. (Android for Work- TC51 M rugged devices)
- AAGNT-181369: Fixed an issue where all Identity Custom Attributes are not displayed in Console without MX service install. (Android for Work- Rugged)
- AAGNT-180866: Fixed an issue where SMS Restrictions fails intermittently.
- AAGNT-182752: APF Agent upgrade failing.
- AAGNT-182765: Wi-Fi SSID is shown and reported as <unknown ssid> for Android O. [AFW Profile Owner Mode]
- AAGNT-182753: AirWatch Agent 8.1 for Android crashing in Android For Work demo environment.
- AAGNT-182660: Application install through products fails on Intermec CN51 devices.
- AAGNT-182566: AirWatch Agent is unable to Generate File Hash for any file type( txt, pdf, jpg, png etc) and product fails in download step.
- AAGNT-182824: Un-enrollment fails while secured channel is disabled.
- AAGNT-182754: Wi-Fi with certificates profile not automatically configuring on Samsung Oreo S8 devices.
- AAGNT-182768: Android For Work app widgets are not working consistently.
Take advantage of these updates by meeting the minimum requirements and downloading AirWatch Agent 8.1 for Android.
- Android 4.0+
- AirWatch Console 9.1+
How to Download AirWatch Agent 8.1 for Android
- Prior Version is Installed –The application seamlessly updates over the existing application version without disrupting device enterprise functionality.
- Prior Version is Not Installed – Direct users to download it from the Google Play Store.
Support Contact Information
The VMware Workspace ONE Team
Other Languages: 日本語