The VMware AirWatch® team is excited to announce that PIV-D Manager 1.1 for Android is publicly available.
VMware PIV-D Manager is a mobile application that integrates with various Derived Credential solution providers. PIV-D enables the use of Derived Credentials in conjunction with VMware AirWatch.
A Derived Credential, as defined by NIST SP 800-157, is an alternative token which can be implemented and deployed directly with mobile devices. In simpler terms, a Derived Credential is a client certificate generated on the mobile device (or issued) after an end user has proven their identity using their existing smart card (i.e. CAC or PIV) during an enrollment process. A Derived Credential is a user-friendly yet secure alternative to using a traditional smart card with a mobile device.
Key Features of VMware PIV-D Manager 1.1 for Android
- Integration with AirWatch Agent
- Integration with VMware Browser
- Certificate sharing with AirWatch SDK enabled applications
- Activate Entrust and Intercede using OpenURL
- Various SDK Updates and bug fixes
How to Download VMware PIV-D 1.1 for Android
- Download VMware PIV-D 1.1 for Android from the myAirWatch Resource Portal
Support Contact Information
The AirWatch Team