The VMware Workspace ONE Team is excited to announce that VMware Workspace ONE Email Notification Service V2 (ENS V2) 1.0 for Cloud is publicly available.
Email Notification Service V2 (ENS V2) 1.0 is a ground-up rewrite of the solution to provide new email notifications for VMware Boxer on iOS. The service works by monitoring the customers Exchange or Office 365 back end for email events and sending updates to the end user devices via the Apple Push Notification Service. The updates come through as new email banners and in the app’s badge counter. In addition, the new version offers a more robust security model, high availability, and a cloud deployment option.
Key Features of VMware Workspace ONE Email Notification Service V2 (ENS V2) 1.0
- Email Push Notifications
- Delivers new email notifications in near real-time
- Triggers background sync on Boxer for iOS
- The unread badge reflects the count of unread messages in the user’s inbox on the server
- Device to ENS Communication
- Allows users to disable notifications directly from device
- Allows users to select calendar-only notifications
- Zero-Touch Cloud Deployment
- Requires no additional infrastructure
- Exchange service accounts are not required
- Supported with MS Exchange 2010+
- Workspace ONE UEM Console 9.0+
- Boxer for iOS 4.10+
- Auto discovery enabled in Exchange environment
- Internet-exposed EWS endpoint
- Basic Authentication for email back end (for initial release)
How to Download VMware Workspace ONE Email Notification Service V2 (ENS V2) 1.0
- Contact your account manager to begin setup for the Email Notification Service V2 (ENS V2) 1.0 cloud hosted solution.
- Please refer the Email Notification Service Guide in the Resource Portal for detailed setup instructions.
Support Contact Information
The VMware Workspace ONE Team
Other Languages: 日本語