The VMware Workspace ONE Team is excited to announce that AirWatch Support for RealWear HMT-1 Smart Glasses is publicly available.
RealWear HMT-1 Smart Glasses are rugged headsets that provide an augmented reality experience. The glasses display information in a hands-free smartphone-like format, and wearers communicate with the device using natural language voice commands. AirWatch provides a robust set of mobility management solutions for enrolling, securing, configuring, and managing your Smart Glasses deployment. Through the AirWatch Admin Console, you have several tools and features at your disposal for managing the entire life-cycle of Android based Smart Glasses such as the HMT-1.
Key Features of AirWatch Support for RealWear HMT-1 Smart Glasses
- Device model, OS etc. shows up accurately in the device detail view, providing visibility and asset management capabilities.
- Allows an administrator to configure and apply a Wi-Fi profile for devices (non-certificate based).
- Provides the ability to manage applications on the device including installation, removal & updates.
- Allows authorized administrators to Enterprise wipe a device remotely, when required.
Take advantage of these updates by meeting the minimum requirements and downloading AirWatch Agent Packages with Support for Smart Glasses Running Android.
- AirWatch Admin Console 8.2.0+
- PC/ Mac running Android Debug Bridge (ADB)
- RealWear HMT-1 Firmware version HMT-1.G.0-6.0.1-07.05-C+
- AAGNT-180649: Issue connecting the HMT-1 to TLS based Wi-Fi.
How to Download AirWatch Support for RealWear HMT-1 Smart Glasses
- With this announcement, AirWatch now supports all of the following Smart Glass manufacturers: ODG, Vuzix, Google & RealWear. The Agent Package is unique for each manufacturer and can be downloaded from the Resource Portal.
- Please refer the Smart Glasses User Guide for instructions on how to utilize the Agent Package and enroll Smart Glasses.
- Download the APF for the RealWear HMT-1 in the Resources Portal.
Support Contact Information
The VMware Workspace ONE Team