The VMware Workspace ONE Team is excited to announce that VMware Workspace ONE 3.1 for Windows 10 is publicly available.
What’s New in this App Version
- Added support for Out-of-Box (OOBE) provisioning with Dell and the Windows 10 Provisioning Service by AirWatch.
- On managed Dell devices, the Workspace ONE app starts automatically with the user already authenticated. This feature requires External Access Token authentication between AirWatch and VMware Identity Manager.
- When Workspace ONE app opens, a personalized welcome message to the authenticated user displays (the welcome content is provided by the customer’s IT admin). In addition, apps entitled to the user will begin to push down to the desktop, and Workspace ONE provides status of each app through Action Center notifications.
- Added support for custom branding in the welcome experience .
- Enhanced app reordering in the Bookmarks tab so users can place their web and virtual windows applications in any order they choose with a new custom view in Bookmarks. Users simply select the custom view, edit the order and save it. The order will be the same across all their Workspace ONE apps or browser.
- Improved app UI performance including local caching of app list data, which decreases any lag rendering the Bookmark and Catalog tabs. The cache is saved for 24 hours (or until the user makes changes).
- Added a new refresh button if users want to force update the Workspace ONE app UI.
Bugs Fixed in this App Version
- HW-74912: The Workspace ONE app does not return the user to the Server URL input page when device registration fails to retry.
- HW-74972: If the Workspace ONE app is killed during initial setup and re-opened, it is possible to have the user authenticated but native apps do not appear from AirWatch.
- HW-71805: Enrollment setting is read from parent instead of child Organization Group when the user logs in using email to Workspace ONE and fails.
- HW-71244: Text “Installation Monitor” was truncated for some language transitions.
- HW-74966: The Workspace ONE app closes when the user scrolls down in the About Page on Windows Phones.
- HW-74936: Locks are not removed until a GB refresh is done on windows phone after step up.
- HW-74983: The child organization group selection screen mistakenly appears when a user is already MDM enrolled.
Known Issues in this App Version
- HW-76872: The installation status for some small applications does not display in the Workspace ONE app.
Take advantage of these updates by meeting the minimum requirements and downloading VMware Workspace ONE 3.1 for Windows 10.
- Windows 10 version 10240+
How to Download VMware Workspace ONE 3.1 for Windows 10
- Prior Version is Installed – Direct end users to update the app when prompted. The application seamlessly updates over the existing application version without disrupting device enterprise functionality.
- Prior Version is Not Installed – Direct end users to download it from the Windows Store.
Support Contact Information
The VMware Workspace ONE Team