The VMware AirWatch® team is excited to announce that AirWatch SDK 17.9 for Android is publicly available.
What’s New in this Version
- ASDK-168621: Performance improvements to reduce load on device services for retrieving updated SDK settings.
- Added security improvements.
Known Issues in this Version
This version of the SDK technically supports compilation with Android API target version 26. However, there is currently a known technical limitation with SDK apps using API version 26 where SSO functionality will not be compatible with older versions of AirWatch and SDK apps running versions of the SDK below 17.9. Therefore, it is recommended that if other SDK apps (both custom built and apps from AirWatch) are present in your deployment, you wait until those new versions of the apps with SDK 17.9 are released before upgrading to API level 26.
Take advantage of these updates by meeting the minimum requirements and downloading AirWatch SDK 17.9 for Android.
- Android 4.0.3+ / Ice Cream Sandwich / API Level 15+
- Android Studio with the Gradle Android Build System (Gradle) 3.3.0+
- Knowledge in Android Development
- AirWatch Agent 5.3 for Android
- AirWatch Console 8.0/AirWatch Console 9.1.2+ (for Workspace ONE compatibility)
How to Download SDK 17.9 for Android
- Existing SDK Users – Use the previous SDK download link from the myAirWatch portal.
- New SDK Users – Request download permissions from your AirWatch account representative.
Support Contact Information
The AirWatch Team