With the release of Xcode 7, Apple introduced App Thinning and Bitcode as an option. Apteligent began to support bitcode with its newest SDKs per the release notes. If your app uses bitcode, you will need to use Xcode's Crashes Organizer to obtain the dSYM files manually.
- To download the dSYM file from Xcode, go to the Xcode Organizer
- Find the version of your app that you uploaded to the App Store, and click the "Download dSYMs..." button on the right pane
- Once the dSYMs are downloaded to your archive, upload the dSYM files to Apteligent. Select your archive name, right-click the icon next to the name, and select "Show in Finder."
- In Finder, right-click the xcarchive, and select Show Package Contents.
- There is a "dSYMs" subfolder in the archive. This is where the "Download dSYMs..." button downloads dSYM’s. You can upload these dSYM’s to Apteligent either using the Apteligent dsym_upload.sh script or simply dragging and dropping and dropping them onto the App Settings Upload dSYMs area of the Apteligent portal. For more information, please review this page from Apple.
You may experience Apple's Xcode Organizer "Download dSYMs..." doesn't always download new dSYM files. Please try the following steps to download the proper dSYM files:
- Go to itunesconnect.apple.com
- Navigate to the app that requires the symbols: Click on My Apps > [select App]
- Click on the build of the app on the left sidebar
- Scroll down and click on the build of the app.
- Click on Download Symbols.
- Rename the downloaded file as a zip file and upload to Apteligent.