Java JDK 7 or later must be installed. Perform the following steps to collect logs using Eclipse ADT Bundle on Android Devices:
- Download and install Eclipse with built-in ADT (Android Development Tools) here.
- Install Android USB drivers on the machine for your device if it is a Samsung device here.
For example: Samsung USB Driver for Windows machine:
For Windows machine, browse to the location where ADT bundle was downloaded. Run SDK Manager as Administrator.
Ensure that the Google USB Driver is installed.
- Enable “Unknown sources” on the device under Settings > Security > Unknown Sources.
- Enable USB Debugging on the device under Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging.
- Attach your Android device to the machine using USB. Run Eclipse as Administrator.
- Get and view the logs using LogCat (under Window > Show View > LogCat).
- Clear the existing logs using the Clear Log option located at the right corner of the window. Reproduce the issue on your device.
Note: It is important to delete any previous logs since there is a limited buffer to store the logs.
- Save the logs to a location on your machine. Email the logs with the steps to reproduce the problem.