The VMware AirWatch® team is excited to announce that AirWatch Agent 8.0 for Android is publicly available.
What’s New in this App Version
- AAGNT-180275: Android O Certification.
- AAGNT-179485: Integrated direct enrollment with Workspace ONE.
- AAGNT-178772: Improved consistency of Application Control functionality.
- AAGNT-180909: OEM support for Run Intent through File/Action.
- AAGNT-181080: Added ability to pass AirWatch UUID to VPN clients.
- AAGNT-181089: Added File/Actions support for variable/wildcard to find the default storage paths for external and internal SD Card.
- AAGNT-181090: Install APK files from device storage.
Android for Work:
- AAGNT-180681: User and device based account support.
- AAGNT-180680: Support for bundle and bundle array managed configurations.
- AAGNT-180032: Android O Certification:
- Updated Password Reset implementation
- Enable/ Disable cloud backup
- Bluetooth restrictions
- Wi-Fi Proxy
- AAGNT-180853: Enhancements
- Support for complex numeric passwords for Work Profile and Work Managed devices
- Update DPC support library to 07/05
- New Enterprise Factory Reset Protection profile.
Bugs Fixed in this App Version
- AAGNT-181421: Resolved issue where barcode enrollment fails due to delay in connecting/switching to network in the manifest.
- AAGNT-181419: Add MX service package name in AllowSubmitXMLPackageNames for Access Manager for App Whitelist.
- AAGNT-181437: Resolved issue with barcode enrollment prompting for Group ID.
- AAGNT-181173: Resolved issue where service is not activated as a device administrator in DA mode.
- AAGNT-181103: Android for Work Rugged: Resolved issue with Wi-Fi SSID not configuring for TLS and PEAP for both TC51 N and TC20 N devices.
- AAGNT-181114: Android for Work Rugged: Resolved issue with Zebra MX profile showing ‘Not Supported’ and profile is not applied to the device with unsigned MX service.
- AAGNT-181347: Resolved issue with Samsung devices enrolling into Android for Work when Knox Play for Work is enabled
- AAGNT-181718: KME - Resolved issue with device getting unlocked before enrollment is completed when using Standard Staging User.
- AAGNT-180608: Resolved issue with personal side Agent crashing after starting to provision Work Profile.
- AAGNT-180529: Android for Work - "Allow Keyguard Camera" restriction does not work on some Work Device Managed devices.
- AAGNT-180465: Resolved issue with Android for Work enrollment failing on Android 6.0.1/Galaxy s5, Android 7.0/Nexus 6P, Android 7.1.2/Google Pixel XL.
- AAGNT-181701: Resolved issue with Knox Play for Work enrollment showing Android for Work login screen during enrollment.
- AAGNT-181690: Required Apps can be uninstalled if those are enabled as system apps as well for Android for Work enrolled devices.
- AAGNT-181536: Android for Work Rugged: Resolved issue with MX Service not binding correctly and MX version shows as 1.3 in Agent UI until MX service is launched.
- AAGNT-181472: Resolved issue with Wi-Fi with certs authentication failing due to missing Identity field.
- AAGNT-181368: Android for Work Rugged (Hawkeye TC20 N) Duplicate Device record is created in device list when device is enrolled in DO mode again without deleting device record.
- AAGNT-181453: Resolved issue with required apps uninstalling after reapplying app control profile and reinstalling the app.
- AAGNT-181418: Resolved issue with Huawei devices not redirecting to Play Store to download Huawei service.
- AAGNT-181404: Resolved issue with Advanced Sideload staging enrollment not working as expected - Files/Action and Applications.
- AAGNT-181426: Resolved issue with Pulse Secure Per-app VPN not working in Android for Work.
- AAGNT-181301: Resolved issue with enrollment using user group mapping not working (Android for Work).
- AAGNT-181336: Resolved issue with Agent and MX service not persisting after Enterprise Reset on ET55 LP and TC51 N devices (no RD Client in device).
- AAGNT-181320: Resolved issue with Agent crashing after Enterprise reset if enrolled through StageNow barcode.
- AAGNT-181272: Resolved issue where EFOTA command to set the available firmware update as the latest fails.
- AAGNT-181297: Resolved issue with Zebra TC51 M and N rugged devices prompting for Google Sign-in during NFC bump enrollment.
- AAGNT-181304: Resolved issue where Agent and MX service do not persist after Enterprise Reset on MC40.
- AAGNT-181798: Resolved issue with UI scrolling in the enrollment wizard on small-screen devices.
- AAGNT-181583: Unable to create folder, rename file, rename folder in external SD card path.
- AAGNT-181370: Android for Work Rugged (TC51 M): All Provisioning Custom Attributes are not displayed in Console when MX service is installed in the device.
- AAGNT-181369: Android for Work Rugged: All Identity Custom Attributes are not displayed in Console without MX service install.
- AAGNT-181095: Android for Work Rugged: Launcher is not set to default automatically even though MX service is installed.
- AAGNT-181280: Persistence not working as expected for Application and FileActions.
- AAGNT-181731: Knox prompting to set up password twice.
- AAGNT-181803: Multiple passcode prompts with Android for Work enrollment.
- AAGNT-181817: Rolling (Application) Logs are uploaded only when Agent pipes a log.
- AAGNT-181727: Android for Work Device Owner mode auto enrollment should handle creation of Google Manage Account for Legacy flow.
- AAGNT-181844: Device returning to first enrollment wizard screen after activating ELM EULA.
- AAGNT-181850: USB restriction issue.
- AAGNT-181794: Some blacklisted apps are updated by Play Store.
- AAGNT- 181848: Device Storage wipe is removing both device+SD card data - on Samsung S8 devices.
Take advantage of these updates by meeting the minimum requirements and downloading AirWatch Agent 8.0 for Android.
- Android 4.0+
- AirWatch v8.4+
How to Download AirWatch Agent 8.0 for Android
- Prior Version is Installed –The application seamlessly updates over the existing application version without disrupting device enterprise functionality.
- Prior Version is Not Installed – Direct users to download it from the Google Play Store.
Support Contact Information
The AirWatch Team