A certificate for communication between the Advanced Remote Management Server v4.0+ and end-user devices will expire on October 4th, 2017. This expiration means that all new devices attempting to enroll into Advanced Remote Management v4.0+ after October 3rd will fail to enroll with the Advanced Remote Management Server.
This certificate will be replaced for SaaS customers. Any customers using an on-premise instance of Advanced Remote Management Server v4.0+ must install the new certificate before October 3rd.
To prevent issues with your Advanced Remote Management v4.0+ deployment, you must install the new client enrollment certificate on the Advanced Remote Management Server.
Summary of process:
- Download the Advanced Remote Management Service Cert Update Package from the Resource Portal.
- Install the AirWatch client certificate on the Advanced Remote Management Server.
- Grant IIS AppPool “Mgmtwebsite” access to a certificate in certificate store to enroll the device.
- Copy the .p7b certificate to “C:\inetpub\wwwroot\AetherPal\MgmtServices\App_Data\”.
- Update the certificate thumbprint on the Admin web portal under the Default service configuration table.
- Remove the previous AirWatch enrollment certificate.
- Validate the environment.
For a full description of all these steps, including screenshots for each step, please follow the Full Advanced Remote Management Service cert update guide included in the Update Package.