With the release of AirWatch 9.2, there has been a concerted effort to reduce the size of the AirWatch application installer. As part of that effort, the installer files for some components are no longer included in the AirWatch app installer, and have been moved to the myAirWatch Resource portal. This flow allows for continuous deployment of new features in the VMware Tunnel server without the need for a Console release, or upgrades to customer environments.
Admins can simply click on the links to download the required installer files and will be redirected to the relevant resources hosted in the Resource Portal. Admins can also easily navigate to those links to download the required installer files and then move the files to any servers that are not enabled with internet access to the Resource Portal in myAirWatch.
The installers that have been removed from the AirWatch 9.2 installer include:
- Email Notification Service (ENS v1)
- VMware Tunnel server installer
- Content Gateway installer
- Windows Pull installer
- Linux Pull installer
- In previous versions of AW, the installer was stored on the console server and downloaded from a console directory. Now, the installer has been moved to the Resource Portal in myAirWatch.
- The installer flow mimics the Appliance installer flow by using the API to communicate with the console during installation to fetch configuration settings.
- On-premise customers that do not have internet access can download the vpn_config.xml file from the console using the Download Configuration XML button, copy it to the tunnel server, and run the installer after pointing it to the downloaded XML file.
Support Contact Information
The AirWatch Team