On Saturday, September 16th at 9 PM EDT, the AirWatch Cloud Operations team will be updating the AirWatch Auto Discovery service. This service is used to detect an enrollment user’s environment URL and Group ID based on their email domain. This update will affect all AirWatch environments, SaaS and On-Premise. For additional information, please refer to this announcement from our SaaS Operations team.
- Environments configured with basic authentication for Auto Discovery will no longer be able to register new email domains or to synchronize SSL pinning with Auto Discovery. Existing registered email domains will continue to work.
- If an admin tries to register an email domain with Auto Discovery and HMAC has not been configured, then the following error message will appear:
“The e-mail domain that you attempted to register is not available. Please try to register another domain or continue to use the standard enrollment flow.” (Appears after clicking the link sent in the email confirmation)
- If an admin tries to synchronize SSL pinning with Auto Discovery and HMAC has not been configured, then the following error message will appear:
“An error has occurred. This error has automatically been saved for further analysis. Please contact technical support.”
- In AirWatch 9.1 and below, the Basic Authentication option is available as shown below:
This option will be removed from upcoming console releases.
Alert: Admin action might be required
- All SaaS environments will be updated to disable Basic Authentication, and enable HMAC authentication.
- All On Premise admins can mitigate this issue by navigating to Settings > Admin > Cloud Services and configuring HMAC authentication by entering their AirWatch ID, clicking set identity, and entering their password.
Support Contact Information
The AirWatch Team