The VMware AirWatch® team is excited to announce that AirWatch SDK 17.5 for iOS (Swift) is publicly available.
What’s New in this Version
- Rewrote and improved the old Obj-C SDK into the new Swift language. (ISDK-169152)
- Added support and compatibility for custom built SDK apps with devices that are enrolled using Workspace ONE. (ISDK-169061)
- Added user experience improvements by reducing the amount of flipping between SDK applications and introduced new authentication user interfaces. (ISDK-168769)
For additional information, please refer to our knowledge base article on Preparing for the New iOS Swift SDK.
Known Issues in this Version
All of the known issues are planned to be fixed in the next release of the AirWatch SDK 17.5 for iOS (Swift).
- There is an issue that causes a crash if your app explicitly tries to send beacons using SDKBeaconTransmitter. The beacon is still automatically sent without any issues through other means such as AWController’s startup process. (ISDK-169813)
- A rare and intermittent crash might occur in the app when it is backgrounded and foregrounded multiple times. (ISDK-169796)
- An issue occurs if the SDK app is pushed down as a managed app on an MDM enrolled device and the user then unenrolls and enrolls in a different environment. The app might enter into an endless loop of continuously displaying an alert message. (ISDK-169808)
Take advantage of these updates by meeting the minimum requirements and downloading AirWatch SDK 17.5 for iOS (Swift).
- iOS 9+
- AirWatch Console 9.1.1+
How to Download SDK 17.5 for iOS (Swift)
- Existing SDK Users – The SDK 17.5 for iOS (Swift) will be provided via a separate download link from the Obj-C SDK.
- New SDK Users – Request download permissions from your AirWatch account representative.
Support Contact Information
The AirWatch Team