The VMware AirWatch® team is excited to announce that VMware Workspace ONE 3.0 for Windows 10 is publicly available.
What’s New in this App Version
Windows 10 Enhancements
- HW-58140: Installation Monitor - A new side panel in Workspace ONE shows the download status of native applications added from the Catalog. It includes a monitor icon that notifies users when there are pending applications. The installation status of both apps added by users and apps pushed by admins can be tracked including new, updated, and deleted apps.
- HW-67765: Workspace ONE App Sign Out - Users are able to sign out of the Workspace ONE for Windows app, leaving their work apps and settings intact but inaccessible. This feature enables the user to have an additional layer of security if they are not at their computer. On managed devices, users can use the option to Remove Account, which is located in Windows Settings > Accounts > Access to Work or School.
HW-64108: Engaging User Experience
- The new Bookmarks view replaces the Launcher view to provide easy access to a user’s favorite or frequently used apps.
Note: On upgrade, users can expect any apps that were a “favorite” before to automatically display in their Bookmark tab. If an user has not favorited any web or virtual apps, they will start fresh with a blank Bookmark tab.
- The Catalog view enables users to discover, open, or install apps (web, mobile, and virtual), all in one place. Also, it now includes AirWatch web apps!
- Catalog and Launcher have been combined. Launch web apps and install native apps from the Catalog!
- The Catalog now shows intuitive visual Adaptive Management cues for mobile apps that require Workspace Services.
- Adaptive Management screens now help users understand personal privacy and the benefits of enabling Workspace Services.
- The new navigation layout enables convenient switching between Apps, Support, and Settings.
- The new first-time onboarding experience enables further learning while we set up your workspace.
- The new Workspace One app icon adds a new look and feel!
HW-63392: Enhanced In-App Search
- Use the quick search by app name and category.
- Use actionable search results that launch a web or virtual app and download a native app directly from the search results.
- HW-64108: The new Support section, in-app toolbar allows users to learn more and request help.
- HW-63067: Integrate complex organization group hierarchies in AirWatch. Take advantage of complex organization hierarchies in AirWatch with Workspace ONE. You can link domains to specific AirWatch organization groups in the VMware Identity Manager console.
- HW-60849: Custom branding is enhanced to include the use of color transparency for background images.
Bugs Fixed in this App Version
- HW-67243: Fixed an issue where an empty message was seen when users logged in to Workspace ONE after the device was black listed.
- HW-67636: Fixed an issue where two device records were seen in the AirWatch Console after a device was MDM enrolled using Workspace ONE.
Known Issues in this App Version
- AMST-3510: When the second version of an MSI app gets successfully installed on the device, there is no progress bar shown in the Installation Monitor window.
- AMST-3569: On an MDM enrolled device, when a user authenticates into the Workspace ONE app, they may still be required to select their organization group.
- AMST-3512: The Workspace ONE app closes when the user scrolls down in the About Screen on Windows Phone devices.
- AMST-3545: Users get logged off from Workspace ONE when they upgrade v2.2.5 to the latest build of v3.0.
- AMST-3511: The first-time access of Workspace ONE app on a Windows Phone can be done without a PIN.
- AMST-3564: When using VMware Fusion, resizing the Workspace ONE app window may cause the app to quit by itself.
- HW-69789: The Auto Installation Kick Off Prompt is not automatically shown for the app after Adaptive Management enrollment.
Take advantage of these updates by meeting the minimum requirements and downloading VMware Workspace ONE 3.0 for Windows 10.
Windows 10 version 10240 or higher
How to Download VMware Workspace ONE 3.0 for Windows 10
- Prior Version is Installed - Direct end users to update the app when prompted. The application seamlessly updates over the existing application version without disrupting device enterprise functionality.
- Prior Version is Not Installed - Direct end users to download it from the Windows Store.
Support Contact Information
The AirWatch Team