The VMware AirWatch team is excited to announce that AirWatch 9.1.3 is now publicly available and available for download in myAirWatch.
Software Delivery Notification
SDN # - AW_9.1.3
Release - 9.1
Review a list of added features and the bugs fixed in the latest release of AirWatch.
- AGGL-1025: Push Public Google Play Store Apps in the Samsung Knox Container. You can select, purchase, and manage public apps for your Samsung Knox container with the Google Play Store. You can create a list of approved apps and manage updates. Admins follow the current set up flow for Samsung Knox, create a container passcode, add public apps, and assign to devices.
- AAPP-1780: Added the ability to deploy custom macOS bootstrap packages. AirWatch now supports uploading custom bootstrap packages to the AirWatch Console. macOS devices enrolled through DEP receive these custom bootstrap packages after enrollment. To use these new custom bootstrap packages, you must enable the functionality for your environment. Please contact AirWatch Support to enable this feature.
- AAPP-2049: Added the ability to create an enrollment token for DEP devices from the Self-Service Portal. AirWatch now supports end users creating an enrollment token for DEP devices from the Self-Service Portal. This enrollment method allows organizations with a large amount of DEP devices to use one-time enrollment tokens to assign devices to end users.
- FBI-177517: Added a New Report that returns data on users, devices, and applications. The New Report Devices with Applications and User Details provides a report on the devices, users, and applications in your AirWatch Console.
- FCA-183245: Add Public IP Address to Console. Public IP Address has been added as a new column in Device List View. It has also been added to Device Details > Network > Cellular Section. Accordingly, Public IP Address is now configurable in the Privacy Settings under Groups & Settings > All Settings > Devices & Users > General > Privacy in the Network section.
Enhancements and Bugs Fixed
The following lists enhancements and the bugs that were fixed in this release. If you received an Issue ID for a submitted bug, you can search for it here to see if the issue was fixed in this release.
- AAPP- 3048: Fixes to properly respect the setting value (if disabled) of the Agent Install Post DEP Enrollment feature on the macOS Agent Application Settings page
- AAPP- 3060: Fixed issues with Volume Purchase Program (VPP) applications after upgrading the AirWatch Console where you could not assign them or edit them and where the system added erroneous smart groups upon editing VPP apps.
- AAPP- 3259: Fixed issue causing iOS devices to inaccurately reflect their roaming statuses.
- AAPP- 3328: Fixed an issue in a specific environment where the install-application-on-demand job queued unnecessary Apple Push Notification Service (APNS) messages that caused problems with smart groups, profiles, and apps.
- AGGL- 1945: Fixed an issue where the Exchange Active Sync profile for Android for Work using Gmail incorrectly generates the XML tag for the email address field.
- AGGL- 2138: Fixed an issue with the Device Lock API and the Bulk Device Lock API for Android and iOS devices.
- AGGL- 2249: Added an API to AirWatch that changes the Container for Android passcode.
- AGGL- 2258: Updated the Console to allow the Passcode Maximum Age to be set to 365 days.
- AGGL- 2275: Fixed an issue where locally unenrolling from Workspace ONE on Android devices triggered a break MDM command that caused devices to erroneously unenroll from AirWatch.
- ALAU- 169880: Seeded script for Launcher so that it installs upon multi-stage user enrollment.
- AMST- 2497: Fixed an issue where the AirWatch Console displayed MSI internal applications in the software distribution system as "Managed but uninstalled" even though the app was available on devices.
- AMST- 3177: Fixed an issue where the option to add a patch failed to display in the AirWatch Console when editing an MSI application.
- AMST- 3285: Fixed an issue where the manually created Friendly Name for a Windows 10 Desktop device reverted to the AirWatch Console default name after a device check-in.
- ARES- 2726: Updated the establishment of trusted connections with third party services and AirWatch.
- ARES- 3099: Fixed an issue where AirWatch did not send a check-in command during a batch push of profiles with certificates to Android devices.
- ARES- 3185: Fixed an issue where the AirWatch system did not export device profiles in XML in the Firefox browser due to an JSON parsing error.
- ARES- 3313: Fixed an issue where AirWatch did not push public apps to devices when the compliance of the device was pending with the action to block or remove apps or to perform an enterprise wipe by updating the app sync process.
- ARES- 3323: Fixed an issue where internal applications did not save to the AirWatch Console by addressing config files and stored procedures for internal applications.
- ARES- 3390: Fixed issue causing unexpected error while accessing managed devices page of public application.
- ARES- 668: Fixed an issue where the upload of an internal application with file size of 2.4 GB failed to upload to the AirWatch Console and displayed a Bad Request error.
- CMCM- 187105: Fixed an issue involving the Sync Current Folder command on the file server not syncing files when the same file is synchronized on the SCL.
- CMEM- 183651: Fixed an issue where Content Locker would not open encrypted attachments when using the V2 Secure Email Gateway (SEG) and Lotus Domino.
- CMSVC- 2501: The API used by GEM to call when AirWatch and VMware Identity Manager tenants are created for new customers is now available for existing customers, for the purpose of creating an OAuth client once the temporary admin & password are seeded.
- CMSVC- 2700: Fixed issue where usage of advanced template to import active directory users with mandatory values, the user can be seen in user list view but the batch status is in error.
- CMSVC- 2768: Fixed an issue when a device moves from one organization group to another by removing the call to _ LocationChanged event.
- CMSVC- 2833: Fixed an issue caused by the stored procedure timing out while syncing user groups.
- CMSVC- 2867: Updated the compliance logic for the scheduler task to process only those cellular devices that report data usage to the AirWatch Console.
- CMSVC- 2933: Fixed user migration issue when a basic user and a directory user are added with the same username, upon migration of the basic user, both users revert to an 'undefined' state and cannot be selected.
- CMSVC- 2967: Fixed an issue preventing the utilization of port 6443 by the EnrollmentController.cs.
- CMSVC- 3052: Fixed an issue where the console webpage becomes unresponsive when the Organization Group field is edited in the Basic tab of the Add/Edit Admin screen.
- CRSVC- 1444: Enhancements made to Event Notification now results in a notification being triggered when the admin deletes a device from the Admin Console. The notification is triggered irrespective of whether the device responds to the delete command or not.
- CRSVC- 1825: Fixed an issue that updates the UI logic, restoring the default cache from AirWatch Cache to Memcached.
- CRSVC- 2157: Fixed an issue affecting shared devices being unable to access internal resources after check-in/check- out.
- FBI- 177557: Fixed an issue with the App Details by Device report in AirWatch so that it displays current versions of applications that are installed on devices. Also, addressed the report displaying multiple records for the AirWatch Agent.
- FCA- 183055: Fixed an issue where deleting devices failed on the Device Details page by updating a purge job, deleting data in a stored procedure, and removing a foreign key constraint from a table in the AirWatch Database.
- FCA- 183098: Upgraded the version of Bing Maps V8 Control and Bing Maps REST Services for the AirWatch Self-Service Portal.
- FDB-760: Fixed an issue in the Search OG API, whose country & locale filters were making search results not match the list views.
- FDB-890: Fixed an issue with the AuditTable_Delete stored procedure in the AirWatch Database by adding the schema device-command-queue and the object name device-queue-audit.
- FDB-907: Fixed a condition in the EventLog_Delete_Partitioned stored procedure in the AirWatch database to match other partition delete store procedures.
- FDB-913: Updated the CPU of an authentication-token stored procedure by changing "where" clauses to filter for known variables.
- FDB-914: Fixed an issue with excessive CPU usage in the AirWatch Database for a specific environment by updating an accept-EULA stored procedure.
- FDB-931: Fixed an issue with the partition version of the NetworkWLANHistory_Delete stored procedure in the AirWatch database.
- FDB-945: Fixed an issue causing a device's system sample save to fail, producing false compliance status.
- FDB-949: Fixed an issue preventing a device's custom attributes from appearing under Device Details.
- FSEC- 182878: Added a notification to AirWatch about certificate pinning with the tasks admins perform for this feature.
- GEM- 349: Updated the system-code-data-collection procedure in the AirWatch database so that it uses the default AirWatch database size.
- INTEL- 1653: Fixed an issue that shows Custom Reports tab in the Hub on Non-Customer Organization Groups.
- INTEL- 1759: Fixed an issue that includes the device phone number in exports where privacy settings are set to Collect and Do Not Display.
- INTEL- 1813: Fixed an issue where updating a phone number triggers a new event and the phone number does not display in the event.
- INTEL- 1855: Added a patch for a specific deployment to back port objects that ignore custom attributes, organization group imports, and admin user imports. These objects also restrict certain mappings and cover indexes.
- INTEL- 1879: Fixed an issue preventing the terms of service from being displayed to all types of customers (Workspace ONE and MDM).
- INTEL- 1900: Fixed an issue that generates duplicate data involving protocol layers during device inventory exports.
- INTEL- 1912: Fixed issue causing custom reports to contain customer organization group (OG) statistics when customer OG is opted out of custom reports.
- INTEL- 1954: Fixed issue where exported lists do not include new enrollees in environments with large number of devices.
- INTEL- 1989: Fixed issue causing custom reports to become unavailable to customers who upgraded from 9.1 FP02 to 9.1 FP03.
- PPAT- 2095: Fixed an issue where Tunnel Profiles being pushed to iOS devices fail to include the needed EnsureDeviceUnLocked command.
- PPAT- 2132: Fixed an issue where PFX device root certificates were not being accepted by the installer.
- RUGG- 2953: Fixed an issue with the relay server timing out after a requested download lasts in excess of 10 minutes, even after changing the config file.
- RUGG- 2983: Fixed an issue involving the relay server showing an error message that when clicked showed No Content Available.
- SINST- 174421: Updated the versions of the VMware Identity
Use the following step-by-step instructions to apply a feature pack or other patch to your version of AirWatch.
Important: Contact AirWatch if your SEG is on the same server as your AirWatch Admin Console or Device Services servers for instructions on how to proceed.
- Refer to KB article: Important Notification: Critical Changes to AirWatch Upgrade Process
- Consider retaining *.exe installation files in case there are issues.
- Stop all the AirWatch services and websites on AirWatch Admin Console and Device Services servers.
- Back up your AirWatch Application Servers and AirWatch Database.
- Obtain the AirWatch_Application_9.1._FPXX_Install.exe and AirWatch_Database_9.1_FPXX_Setup.exe files from AirWatch Resources (resources.air-watch.com). These are the full installer files, which you run on your servers to apply the upgrade.
- Execute the AirWatch_Application_9.1_FPXX_Install.exe by right-clicking and running as administrator on each Console and Device Services server up until the point where all application servers state "IIS and all services are now stopped. Please upgrade your AirWatch database using the provided script", then immediately proceed to the next step.
- Run the AirWatch_Database_9.1_FPXX_Setup.exe executable on the AirWatch database server.
- Finish running the installers on each Console and Device Services server.