The VMware AirWatch® team is excited to announce that AirWatch Agent 7.2 for Android is publicly available.
What’s New in this App Version
- AAGNT-180266: Improved certificate sampling performance to report certificates quicker to mitigate false revocation issues.
- AAGNT-179500: Added support for installing and persisting apps between shared device sessions.
- AAGNT-179378: Added ability to modify the passcode age on Android devices up to 365 days.
- AAGNT-179384: Sony – Allow Multiple Users (requires Sony Service 2.0.1)
- AAGNT-179535: Android for Work - Boxer widgets can now be enabled in the Work Profile.
- AAGNT-179315: Android for Work - Added support for advanced single user staging when using AirWatch Relay NFC bump to enroll Work Managed devices.
Bugs Fixed in this App Version
- AAGNT-179550: Resolved issue where Device Wipe command does not work when device is enrolled in Android for Work-Work Managed device mode and Factory Reset is restricted.
- AAGNT-180196: Resolved issue where internal applications are not getting uninstalled upon unenrollment when we have pushed Samsung Remote Management Application on the device.
- AAGNT-180155: Resolved issue where internal apps are not deployed to Single User Staging devices.
- AAGNT-180106: Resolved issue where Bluetooth crashes when Knox is enabled on Samsung S7 Android N devices.
- AAGNT-180049: Resolved issue where AirWatch Agent is using TLS 1.0 on KitKat devices for Handshake.
- AAGNT-179967: Resolved issue where unmanaged apps pushed through product provisioning are removed after device query/sync.
- AAGNT-179951: Resolved issue where AirWatch Agent is not removing MAG App wrapping username and password prompt on Android device on Agent upgrade.
- AAGNT-179921: Resolved issue where message size limit options is reduced for LG v20.
- AAGNT-179810: Resolved issue where AirWatch Agent crashes when Lotus Traveler EAS profile is applied without a username.
- AAGNT-179776: Resolved issue where delete file manifest product fails if file is not present on device.
- AAGNT-179731: Resolved issue where users are able to add default and Google accounts after 'AllowNonGoogleAccounts' is removed.
- AAGNT-179691: Resolved integration Issues with Honeywell and AirWatch Launcher unable to exit AirWatch launcher.
- AAGNT-179586: Resolved issue where product job log shows a different product name compared to what is being set in the Console.
- AAGNT-179499: Resolved issue where MTP mode USB Restriction can be bypassed on Samsung devices.
- AAGNT-179471: Resolved issue where Wi-Fi certificates are being revoked/superseded for Samsung and profile installed.
- AAGNT-179334: Resolved issue where misleading error message on device when there is an enrollment misconfiguration.
- AAGNT-179125: Resolved issue where defer time is not applying for confirm-condition.
- AAGNT-178915: Resolved issue where devices enrolled via Knox Mobile Enrollment have a new device record created in the console if the device is re-enrolled following a factory reset.
- AAGNT-178339: Resolved issue where Android internal app install process does not start if app install fails once.
- AAGNT-177371: Resolved issue with Blackberry Priv not configuring Wi-Fi using TLS as expected.
- AAGNT-179615: Resolved issue with Samsung - False positive error when installing .cer certificates.
- AAGNT-180132: Resolved issue where Bluetooth SPP is not enabled in the Knox container.
- AAGNT-179966: Resolved issue where Change Passcode command is not working on Samsung devices running Android N.
- AAGNT-174411: Resolved issue with delay during enrollment at the "Authentication Successful" screen in setup wizard.
- AAGNT-180326: Resolved issue where predefined passcode is not getting applied to Samsung devices running Android N (7.0+).
- AAGNT-180329: Resolved issue where default whitelist Application Control profile blocks Knox container.
- AAGNT-180427: Resolved issue where users are unable to enroll Zebra TC51 into Work Managed device mode.
- AAGNT-180421: Resolved issue with Samsung Lock Screen Overlay is not working.
- AAGNT-180415: Resolved issue with Bluetooth devices not detecting in Bluetooth SPP application installed inside Knox container.
- AAGNT-175392: Resolved issue with enterprise wipe failing to remove Knox container.
- AAGNT-180348: Resolved issue with Application Install using Product Provisioning not working on Samsung Android N.
- AAGNT-180401: Resolved issue where Knox Container Firewall profile stops working after app re-install and does not work on device side as well.
- AAGNT-180403: Resolved issue where Android for Work complex character in passcode requirement not applied through Passcode profile.
- AAGNT-180388: Resolved issue where internal apps and AirWatch Launcher are downloading but not getting installed on Fujitsu ARROWS NX.
- AAGNT-180424: Resolved issue with Wi-Fi IP Address appearing as 0.0.0.0 in the Network tab.
- AAGNT-180657: Resolved issue where Knox VPN does not auto-reconnect.
Samsung Knox Firewall:
- “Allow” Rules are currently unsupported
- Deny rule applies successfully, but “Remove Deny rule” does not work in the below flow on Android N.
- Install application pkg on the device.
- Create Knox firewall profile to block everything for an application.
- Enroll Android N Samsung device
- Make sure Knox firewall profile install on the device.
- Make sure everything is blocked for the blocked application.
- Now remove application inside Knox
- Remove Knox firewall profile from the device
- Install application inside Knox
- Result: Deny rule still persists (without a Deny rule profile)
- Partial WildCard in Package ID does not work.
- In Deny Rule, wildcard in all fields doesn’t work On Device side (works on Knox container side).
- All Firewall Deny rules do not work on versions below Samsung SAFE 5.0.
- Knox Firewall Deny rule is not working on SAFE 5.5 and lower devices when application ID is specified.
Take advantage of these updates by meeting the minimum requirements and downloading AirWatch Agent 7.2 for Android.
- Android 4.0 or higher
- AirWatch Console v8.4+
How to Download AirWatch Agent 7.2 for Android
- Prior Version is Installed –The application seamlessly updates over the existing application version without disrupting device enterprise functionality.
- Prior Version is Not Installed – Direct users to download it from the Google Play Store.
Support Contact Information
The AirWatch Team