AirWatch uses Custom profiles to allow admins to push advanced MDM features and other settings to Android devices that are not supported through the AirWatch Console. The functions discussed in this apply to VMware AirWatch Launcher 3.1.
Using Custom Profiles
The Custom Settings payload allows admins to enter their own XML into a profile and apply the profile to devices. Follow the steps below using the custom XML code found in this article.
- Configure the General profile and deployment options as desired.
- Navigate to the Custom Settings profile and select Configure.
- Add the associated XML below to the Custom Settings text box.
- This XML should contain the complete block of code as listed below.
- Administrators should configure each setting from <true /> to <false /> as desired.
- If certificates are required, then configure a Certificate payload within the profile and reference the PayloadUUID in the Custom Settings payload.
- Select Save & Publish.
Disabling Built-In Webview in VMware AirWatch Launcher
This restriction allows the Launcher to ignore the webview entirely. If enabled, prevents users from being able to access web pages blocked by the browswer or otherwise in case the AirWatch Browser is removed.
In order to enable and implement this feature in the near term, the setting must be pushed down via the custom settings payload:
<characteristic type="com.airwatch.android.kiosk.settings" uuid="568bc89d-1df8-4ce9-a041-e5a24acdb7ec">
<parm name="AllowBuiltInBrowser" value="True"/>
Support Contact Information
The AirWatch Team