The VMware AirWatch team is excited to announce that AirWatch 9.0.5 is now publicly available and available for download in myAirWatch.
Software Delivery Notification Version Identifier-Definition
SDN # - AW_9.0.5
Release - 9.0
Work Items Addressed
- AAPP-3016: Added seed script to AirWatch to support BETA versions of iOS, macOS, and tvOS.
- AAPP-3032: Added seed script to AirWatch to support the latest versions of iOS, macOS, and tvOS.
- AGGL-1795: Enabled the access of Samsung Knox container devices to resources through the AirWatch Tunnel by ensuring VPN certificates issue and install as expected from the console to devices.
- AGGL-677: Updated the single and multi-user staging feature in support of Android For Work so that the AirWatch Agent for Android prompts devices for the correct enrollment process, either with Android for Work or a normal AirWatch enrollment, as configured in the console.
- AMST-3083: Updated the support for BitLocker Encryption for Windows 10 devices in AirWatch by escrowing the BitLocker key immediately to the console to allow access to an AirWatch environment if an environment enters recovery mode for an unforeseen reason.
- APC-12: Updated versioning in the AirWatch Console so that admins can move application versions from a higher organization group to a lower organization group and the system applies the correct SDK profile to the application version when admins retire the earlier application version in the higher organization group.
- APC-641: Changed the process for the Sync Bookmark End Point feature in AirWatch Browser that returned a 200 error message.
- ARES-1762: Updated SDK log access in the AirWatch Console so that admins can access log files for internal applications that use the SDK for all logging levels by updating a BlobEntityLink_Purge procedure that was causing the system to time out when admins tried to access SDK logs.
- CMCM-187181: Stopped the duplication of user repositories when end-users sync content in Content Locker by resolving an issue with parsing the hostname.
- CRSVC-1669: Added new certificate templates, mobile single sign on authentication (iOS), and certificate authentication (macOS and Windows 10) to integrate with VMware Identity Manager.
- CRSVC-2031: Reduced the times the application request handler fetches content delivery network settings system code so that it fetches system code upon the first invocation and then, returns retrieved settings for subsequent invocations in the AirWatch system.
- ENS-568: Updated the process to start the email notification service (ENS) after an upgrade of the AirWatch system to prevent loss of ENS service.
- FBI-177537: Updated the Application Details by Device report subscription so that admins can access the report without error and edit the report.
- FCA-182653: Enabled access to the AirWatch Self Service Portal (SSP) for a specific environment when access was lost after that AirWatch environment upgraded.
- FCA-183057: Upgraded the AirWatch Console to Bing Maps V8 Control and to Bing Maps REST Services.
- FCA-183125: Removed the FIPS migration page from the AirWatch Console because it made certificates unreachable due to encrypting all passwords in the database.
- FDB-877: Updated the AirWatch database to increase the lengths of partitioned versions of eventData tables to match the lengths of non-partitioned versions.
- PPAT-2090: Added an ‘Always On' setting in the VPN option in AirWatch Tunnel profiles in AirWatch.
- RUGG-2483: Added APIs that create profiles and that update those profiles for Windows Mobile devices.
- RUGG-2879: Updated the MaintainFileAction API so that it saves manifest steps in the configured order and updated the associated stored procedure so that it returns lists of actions in order.
- SINST-174353: Added a patch installer utility for custom packages in AirWatch.
Use the following step-by-step instructions to apply a feature pack or other patch to your version of AirWatch.
Important: Contact AirWatch if your SEG is on the same server as your AirWatch Admin Console or Device Services servers for instructions on how to proceed.
- Consider retaining *.exe installation files in case there are issues.
- Stop all the AirWatch services and websites on AirWatch Admin Console and Device Services servers.
- Back up your AirWatch Application Servers and AirWatch Database.
- Obtain the AirWatch_Application_9.0._FPXX_Install.exe and AirWatch_Database_9.0_FPXX_Setup.exe files from AirWatch Resources (resources.air-watch.com). These are the full installer files, which you run on your servers to apply the upgrade.
- Execute the AirWatch_Application_9.0_FPXX_Install.exe by right-clicking and running as administrator on each Console and Device Services server up until the point where all application servers state "IIS and all services are now stopped. Please upgrade your AirWatch database using the provided script", then immediately proceed to the next step.
- Run the AirWatch_Database_9.0_FPXX_Setup.exe executable on the AirWatch database server.
- Finish running the installers on each Console and Device Services server.