The VMware AirWatch® team is excited to announce that VMware Workspace ONE 3.0.1 for iOS is publicly available.
The VMware Workspace ONE app for iOS makes it easy to access your digital workspace from your device from any location. Use your company credentials once to setup and get single sign-on access to your corporate cloud and mobile apps.
Key Features of VMware Workspace ONE 3.0.1 for iOS
- Engaging User Experience
- New Bookmarks view: replaces Launcher view to provide easy access to s user’s favorite or frequently used apps.
- Note: End users can expect any apps that were a “favorite” to automatically display in the bookmark tab. If an end user has not favorited any web or virtual apps, they will start fresh with a blank bookmarks tab.
- Catalog view: discover, open or install apps; web, mobile and virtual apps – all in one place. And now includes AirWatch web apps!
- Catalog and Launcher have been combined. You can now launch web apps and install native apps from the same screen!
- Pull down to refresh app list and install status in the Catalog view.
- Intuitive visual cue for mobile apps that require Workspace Services.
- One-tap navigation to easily switch between Apps, Support and Settings.
- New first-time onboarding experience – learn more while we setup your workspace.
- Adaptive Management screens help users understand benefits of enabling Workspace Services.
- New Workspace One icon for a whole new look and feel!
- Support for Spotlight Search
- We’ve integrated with Spotlight Search to provide a unified launch experience for web/native apps. An end user can now search both their home screen and Workspace ONE catalog at the same time!
- New Support section that allows end users to learn more and request help. Utilize Rage Shake to send logs to app developers.
- Enhanced In-App Search
- Quick search by app name and category.
- Actionable search results – launch a web/virtual app or download a native app directly from the search results.
- Sign Out action deprecated in favor of Remove Account option, which allows users to disconnect from enterprise without IT touch.
- Assisted activation for custom enterprise apps that use the AirWatch SDK. Supports SDK or wrapped apps; requires custom apps to run SDK 17.5.
- Integration to complex Organization Group hierarchies in AirWatch
Customers can now take advantage of complex organization hierarchies in AirWatch with Workspace ONE. You can link domains to specific AirWatch Organization Groups in the VMware Identity Manager console. Workspace ONE users are verified and devices registered to the target organization group in AirWatch.
Ensure compliance by enforcing acceptance of company policies (TOU) before using Workspace ONE.
- Send Alerts to Workspace ONE users
Admins can notify Workspace ONE users for upcoming system downtimes, compliance status, to request actions, or to send alerts. Notification can be sent via the AirWatch admin console. Can be viewed as device notification or in-app notification.
- Custom branding is enhanced to include the use of color transparency for background images
How to Download VMware Workspace ONE 3.0.1 for iOS
- Download VMware Workspace ONE 3.0.1 for iOS from the App Store.
- iOS 9.0+
- Spotlight search integration requires iOS 9+, and is not supported on iPhone 4s, iPad 2, iPad (3rd generation), iPad mini, and iPod touch (5th generation)
- AirWatch Console 9.1 GA or higher (for new features).
- vIDM 2.9.1 (for new features)
Support Contact Information
The AirWatch Team