AirWatch uses Custom profiles to allow admins to push advanced MDM features and other settings to Android devices that are not supported through the AirWatch Console. The functions discussed in this article apply to Android Launcher 3.0.
Using Custom Profiles
The Custom Settings payload allows admins to enter their own XML into a profile and apply the profile to devices. Follow the steps below using the custom XML code found in this article.
- Configure the General profile and deployment options as desired.
- Navigate to the Custom Settings profile and select Configure.
- Add the associated XML below to the Custom Settings text box.
- This XML should contain the complete block of code as listed below.
- Administrators should configure each setting from <true /> to <false /> as desired.
- If certificates are required, then configure a Certificate payload within the profile and reference the PayloadUUID in the Custom Settings payload.
- Select Save & Publish.
Clearing Application Data AirWatch Launcher
In multi-user mode, a user’s data is cached after the user checks the device in. Once the device is checked out by a different user, the previous user’s history is available on the device. Use the Clear Application Data API which sends a command that bypasses the AirWatch Agent and automatically clears data from the whitelisted apps when the device is checked in.
In order to enable and implement this feature in the near term, the setting must be pushed down via the custom settings payload:
<characteristic type="com.airwatch.android.kiosk.settings" uuid="248527db-eedc-48eb-8e32-58e776d61959" > <parm name="ClearAppData" value="true" /> </characteristic>
- AAGNT–179462: Call logs from the previous user after check out is still visible on the device.
Support Contact Information:
The AirWatch Team