The VMware AirWatch team is excited to announce that AirWatch 9.0.3 is now publicly available.
This release is now available for download on myAirWatch.
Software Delivery Notification
SDN # - AW_9.0.3
Release - 9.0
- Implemented a new Secure Email Gateway platform, which features improved performance, simplified deployment and advanced diagnostics. For more information, please see the New Secure Email Gateway platform available in AirWatch 9.0.3 article.
Work Items Addressed
- APC-365: Updated the detail view for the Caller ID setting for Boxer in the AirWatch Console to align the setting with other data-loss-prevention settings and to display the setting as restricted or unrestricted depending on the configuration.
- ARES-698: Addressed the deviceApplication.applicationUserRating_Load stored procedure that returned multiple values for app ratings, the number corresponding to the number of user groups to which the user belonged, when the user entered a single app rating from the app catalog. This action resulted in the AirWatch Console displaying multiple ratings when there was a single entry.
- ARES-2024: Addressed the localization of the public apps section in the AirWatch Console so that you can edit assignments for public apps when you set the console to display in French.
- CMCM-186890: Addressed the custom attributes for automatic repositories in AirWatch so that you can add a content repository for network share, which requires the Content Gateway, with custom NFS links without error and without having to append the link with a backward slash.
- CMCM-186849: Updated the Self Service Portal (SSP) functionality in AirWatch so that when you upload a file larger than one GB and share the link in the SSP, the download initiates and the system does not display an error.
- CMEM-183218: Addressed how the system handles MIME headers in the AirWatch system so that MIME headers that end with a semicolon do not cause errors.
- CMEM-183225: Addressed an error displayed due to exceeding the length for an email attachment, MIME maximum line length, so that you can configure MIME settings to handle files with large line lengths.
- CMEM-183069: Updated the way AirWatch transforms nested URL links in hyperlink policies that you send to devices, so that it transforms the primary link and does not transform nested, secondary links.
- CMEM-183198: Updated the attachments and encryption functionality in the Secure Email Gateway (SEG) so that the SEG renders JPG and PNG files in emails when you configure attachments without encryption in the AirWatch Console.
- CMEM-182506: Developed and worked to certify Secure Email Gateway (SEG) v2 for Windows.
- CMEM-183152: Updated the integration with G Suite (Google Apps for Business) and the password retention feature in AirWatch so that users with more than one device can delete a device, their other devices receive the password retention profile, and the system does not prompt the user for a password after an email sync.
- CMEM-183330: Addressed an error displayed in the email-list-view page in the AirWatch Console.
- CMEM-183347: Addressed an error displayed when you open the Secure Email Gateway (SEG) configuration page in the AirWatch Console.
- CMEM-183380: Updated a link to download the installer for Secure Email Gateway (SEG) v2 so you can get the installer after saving the MEM configurations.
- CMSVC-1770: Updated the UserGroupMerge_ByEnrollmentUsers stored procedure in the AirWatch database to address the procedure taking around 60 minutes to execute data for 300+ users when you add a large user group to the AirWatch Console and select add missing users.
- CMSVC-1359: Addressed user account functionality in AirWatch so that you can move an enrolled device from a child organization group (OG) to the parent OG while the device is enrolled.
- CMSVC-38: Addressed a user link table in the AirWatch database from which the system removed roles when you deleted an admin group. This removal resulted in the inability to assign admin roles to other admin groups.
- CMSVC-1561: Addressed password changes for local admin accounts on the admin list view page in the AirWatch Console, so that after you change the password, you can immediately log in with the changed password.
- CMSVC-1871: Updated the integration of VMware Identity Manager and AirWatch to ensure that admin accounts configured with SAML in VMware Identity Manager are tied to specific organization groups in AirWatch.
- CRSVC-1007: Updated Secure Email Gateway (SEG) v2 settings API in AirWatch so that it responds to the SEG when you configure multiple MEM configurations in the AirWatch Console.
- CRSVC-699: Addressed an issue with accessing health checks you use the Any IP option. The setting should allow you access to health checks by any client or IP.
- CRSVC-1209: Addressed the enrollment status page and the enrollment policy restrictions page displaying errors when accessed.
- CRSVC-1315: Cleaned up the machine keys folder for certificates in the AirWatch system to remove redundant files and to make room to generate certificates.
- FBI-177424: Addressed an issue where admins could not access the reports list view page unless they configured the reports server first.
- FBI-177446: Addressed the access to all new reports and SQL server reporting services reports in the AirWatch Console.
- FBI-177419: Added a tool tip to explain the updated process to subscribe to reports in the AirWatch Console.
- FBI-177440: Addressed issues with the reports subscription process that included adding missing options on the edit Application Details By Device Report page and addressed the end recurrence value.
- FBI-177432: Updated the Application Details By Device report so that you can select versions for applications.
- FBI-177441: Addressed a background processor service for the reports functionality in AirWatch so that after admins migrate to the latest AirWatch version, the process starts and admins can access reports.
- FBI-177451: Addressed the inability to start a background processor service for the reports functionality in AirWatch so that when admins migrate to the latest AirWatch version, the process starts and admins can access reports.
- FCA-181659: Addressed an error displayed in the AirWatch Console when custom admin roles reset security PINs.
- FDB-657: Addressed an erroneous null value found during the execution of a maintenance-delete procedure in an audit table. The erroneous value was passed in a device-application-recommended-external-application-audit table in the AirWatch database.
- FDB-711: Addressed a maintenance-device-status-history-purge process in the AirWatch database so that it continues to purge all eligible rows and does not stop after 1000 rows.
- PPAT-1199: Addressed an issue with the Tunnel preventing iOS 10 devices with per-app VPN enabled from connecting to external sites and downloading content.
- PPAT-1295: Addressed the log format in AirWatch to address the Tunnel server impacted by crashes in the log during initialization due to the system not allocating applicable variables with a zero value.
- PPAT-1303: Addressed an issue where the Tunnel server disabled NSX modules when the server configuration had not changed and the user did not have permissions to add or delete virtual adapters.
- RUGG-1980: Updated the remote management functionality (RM 4.0) in a specific AirWatch environment due to the timing out of a certificate stored procedure and a global environment management provisioning stored procedure.
- TDOC-1891: Updated the AirWatch Console help to reflect updates and changes to the product.
Use the following step-by-step instructions to apply a feature pack or other patch to your version of AirWatch.
Important: Contact AirWatch if your SEG is on the same server as your AirWatch Admin Console or Device Services servers for instructions on how to proceed.
Consider retaining *.exe installation files in case there are issues.
- Stop all the AirWatch services and websites on AirWatch Admin Console and Device Services servers.
- Back up your AirWatch Application Servers and AirWatch Database.
- Obtain the AirWatch_Application_9.0._FPXX_Install.exe and AirWatch_Database_9.0_FPXX_Setup.exe files from AirWatch Resources (resources.air-watch.com). These are the full installer files, which you run on your servers to apply the upgrade.
- Execute the AirWatch_Application_9.0_FPXX_Install.exe by right-clicking and running as administrator on each Console and Device Services server up until the point where all application servers state "IIS and all services are now stopped. Please upgrade your AirWatch database using the provided script", then immediately proceed to the next step.
- Run the AirWatch_Database_9.0_FPXX_Setup.exe executable on the AirWatch database server.
- Finish running the installers on each Console and Device Services server.