The VMware AirWatch® team is excited to announce that AirWatch Advanced Remote Management 4.0 for Android is publicly available.
What’s New in this App Version
- Improved performance to allow much faster response times during a remote session.
- Added custom device skins to allow clicking device keys specific to your model, just as if it was in your hand. This feature requires certified devices so the keys can be mapped appropriately. If your device is not yet supported, a default skin displays.
- Added a new HTML5 Console for a better, faster user experience without the Java requirement of previous AirWatch Advanced Remote Management releases.
- Other enhancements
- Added Whiteboarding to draw shapes and point things out to the user on the other side of the remote session.
- Added Audit Log to track remote session time and duration.
Bugs Fixed in this App Version
- REMOTE-565: Fixed issue where after the device idles for a while, the applet fails to load the first application started but succeeds on loading second application.
- RUGG-323: Fixed issue where the applet set the bits per pixel to 2 instead of the default 32 bits per pixel when starting Advanced Remote Management.
- RUGG-464: Fixed issue where the Advanced Remote Management Service did not start when installed using the new Installer.
- REMOTE-603: Fixed issue where the Advanced Remote Management device action did not display for Zebra MC40 devices after installing the APK as a managed application.
- REMOTE-528: Fixed issue where the VMware AirWatch Agent for Android settings for Advanced Remote Management required reapplying to work properly.
- REMOTE-616 Fixed issue where non-Samsung devices initially scrambled the Advanced Remote Management UI when in portrait mode.
- RUGG-202: Fixed issue where the applet opened with a white screen when using Websockets with 3.0.2. AWRM service.
Take advantage of these updates by meeting the minimum requirements and downloading AirWatch Advanced Remote Management 4.0 for Android.
- Android Version 4.3+
- Android Agent 7.0+
- AirWatch SaaS Environment 9.0.1+
- On-Premise deployments are not supported at this time.
- Chrome, Edge, IE, or Safari as a browser
- A Rugged SKU attached to your account with Sales
- Please check with your Account Rep to ensure your account has the correct SKU.
- Supported OEMs:
- There is a known issue with FZ-A1 devices. Advanced Remote Management v4.0 does not currently work with these devices.
How to Download AirWatch Advanced Remote Management 4.0 for Android
- Prior Version is Installed – Uninstall previously pushed version. Next follow the steps below for when the Prior Version is Not Installed.
- Prior Version is Not Installed – Download the package specific to your OEM from the Resource Portal in myAirWatch and follow the included instructions. Push the App to your devices through Product Provisioning.
Support Contact Information
The AirWatch Team