This issue affects environments that upgrade to AirWatch 8.2 and 8.3 from AirWatch 8.1 or below. After upgrading your AirWatch environment to AirWatch 8.3, emails that are being sent through a Secure Email Gateway (SEG) are being stripped of attachments. Users are seeing the following message when attempting to view an attachment in an email message:
Attachments are blocked by Mobile Email Management
After the upgrade to AirWatch 8.3 is complete, there are several possible resolutions to this issue:
- Restart the EAS Integration Service on the SEG server.
- On the SEGConsole endpoint( https://SEG_URL/SEGConsole) of the SEG server, select Update Settings/Policies.
- On the SEG server, change the Allow Attachments default value from false to true in two places:
- AirWatch 8.3/Aw.Eas.WebListener/web.config file.
- AirWatch 8.3/AW.Eas.IntegrationService/AW.Eas.IntegrationService.exe.config file.