While performing an AirWatch upgrade, the Application Installer fails and the installer rolls back the actions removing all AirWatch services. Example of an error :
“Error 1923. Service Airwatch Cloud Messaging Service (Airwatch Cloud Messaging Service) could not be installed. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to install system services”
- Confirm that the database is on the latest version by running the query “SELECT * from DatabaseVersion” against the AirWatch database.
- Re-run the application installer. At this point, the installer will act like a new install as all the services have been removed. Since the database upgrade is successful, you will not lose any data.
- For mote information on running the installer as a new installer please reference the AirWatch Installation Guide and the AirWatch Application Install video.
- Verify all the information in the installer and refer to AirWatch Installation Guide for more information.
- NOTE: If you have any customized any settings on the server you will have to manually verify these settings are still present after the upgrade.