- Android devices do not enroll post upgrade
- Devices get redirected to an internal URL
- During install, the incorrect DNS information was entered in the installer
- To fix/change the DNS entries, the Site URLs and Default.aspx file were modified
- During upgrade the installer creates archives the Default.aspx file.
- The Installer creates a new Default.aspx by pulling in the Registry values created during the install,
- If the Registry values were not changed/corrected after the initial install (only Site URLs and Default.aspx file were modified), the Default.aspx will be created with the incorrect DNS entries
- This will result in Android devices being redirected to the incorrect DNS and enrollment will fail
- Modify the Default.aspx
- Modify DNS values in Registry and reboot the server. AirWatch values in Registry:
- Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
- Navigate to Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\AirWatch
- AWSERVER represents the Console DNS & AWSERVERDS represents the Device Services DNS
- These values can be edited by double-clicking the 'Name'
- Validate Android Enrollment